Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Blackberry no offline mode and disappearing playlist

Blackberry no offline mode and disappearing playlist

Hi,

I have been using spotify on my Bold 9900 for months now, but recently I've been having alot of problems.

Firstly when i select offline mode, it will not go into offline mode. Then if I quit and try and open up Spotify later it says it cannot log in and ask to set to offline mode to login. When it does log in, all the playlists are gone and I have to re-sync.

I tried reinstalling Spotify, deleting all the data aswell. But that didnt help.

Anyone had a similar problem or any ideas?

1 Reply

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I am a Bold 9900 user, and yes the application is a bit "iffy" to say the least. 

Best thing I can suggest, which normally works with me when I have issues. First, request an offline device reset on this topic and wait until a member of the Spotify team does that for you. Then, load up the Spotify app on your phone, go to Settings, make sure the quality is set correctly. Then, to sync playlists, ensure you are connected to WiFi (synching over 3G for me is patchy, and I needed to manually set my APN see this article if you need to sync over 3G), most importantly, only mark 1 playlist as available offline at a time, and wait for it to fully sync. Once that is done, exit the app and restart it (should login automatically) then sync the next playlist, rinse and repeat! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts