Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

Xiaomi redmi node pro 8 t

Chromecast

Also tested on a Iphone 8 and a Google pixel

Operating System

Mobile: Android 10 (revision 10 QKQ1.200114.002, security patch : 2021-04-01) with the constructor overlay Miui Global 12.0.3 Stable

My Question or Issue

At random interval (from 2-3 minutes to +-1 hour), when playing music on the Chromecast from the Spotify app, the chromecast will stop outputting any audio for a little while (3-4 secs to 30-40 secs).

The progress bar will continue to advance on the app like there is not problem at all.

This issue is not present with any other Chromecast app (tested with Youtube and Twitch).

Sometime, going to the next song solves the issue, sometimes not.

Same for pausing / restarting the song.

The issue appears with any song  or playlist and 3 different mobiles have been tested with the same issue (Rednote, Pixel and Iphone).

No problem to signal when playing music locally.

(note: it blanked 7 time during the time I took to write this post)

Solving steps already tryed (and failed to solve the issue)

- reseting the chromecast

- restarting the tv (not a smart tv, no way to reset it)

- reseting the router

- restarting the Spotify app

- reinstalling the spotify app

8 Replies

Hi there @Reirep,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Just to confirm, did you follow these steps when reinstalling the app? Those are for a more thorough reinstall and can be helpful to remove any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If that didn't work, can you let us know when it started happening, and if it was after a specific event, such as an OS or app update, or if it's always been behaving like that?

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi @CarlosE,

Thanks for the welcome.

Indeed I did the manipulations mentioned in the link (I've dev in past on Android, I'm not new to reseting an app 😉 ).

I's hard to pinpoint exactly when it started happening, I'd say it started happening (very) approximately around Feb/March.

It just too a bit of time for me to be fed up enough to report the problem.

I don't know when the Chromecast update itself as it's doing it on it's own (usually during the nigh).

I don't recall having done any particular major update when the problem started happening.

I've setup my mobile to self update all the apps so I cannot say if it was introduced by a specific Spotify version.

Kr,

Pierre

Hey @Reirep

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Can you check if you get the same result if you try another device, for example the desktop version instead of a phone?

It would also be great if you can let us know which version of the app you have?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi !

The exact version of my android app is 8.6.36.1068
I already tried with another Iphone and another Android phone, the issue remains.
When controlling a session started from my android phone (on the chomecast) with the desktop client, the problem remains.
I have no issue with Spotify when listening on my computer or mobile directly without the chomecast.

Kr,

Pierre

Hey @Reirep

Thanks for this info.

Our teams are aware of a similar Ongoing Issue. Can you confirm if this is the behavior you're currently experiencing? 

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

Tbh, I don't think it's the same.
The connection to the chromecast stay established and I don't have to reconnect when it start playing blank.
I still have the control over the chomecast but it seems that it missed a data segment and decided to play a blank in place of the missing data.

Kr,

Pierre

After reading more comment it MAY be the same but I highly doubt it, the symptoms don't match exactly.

Hey there @Reirep,

Thanks for the reply.

We're aware of the intermittent connection and playback issues with Chromecast. The developer team working on this is continuously trying to optimize netcode and API integrations to make these disruptions occur as little as possible. 

We've passed your feedback and info on to the team working on this 🙂 For now, it would be best if you keep your devices up to date, so you don't miss any updates.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts