Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Block/Hide Podcasts]Spotify's Podcast Protocols: Please start caring about your subscribers wishes.

[Block/Hide Podcasts]Spotify's Podcast Protocols: Please start caring about your subscribers wishes.

Spotify, I have loved your app for years. I have always been happy, loved the updates and added features over the years, but I am seriously considering your app for podcasts. It is infuriating enough to have the same issues that apparently so many others are having: inability to hide/block certain podcasts, adjusting how and which are shown on home page, etc (side note why are you like 90s tv with commercials that are substantially deafening? Listening to a soothing voice discussing news then a person yelling in your ear about some product is a very unpleasant experience.)

What makes it worse is that you don't seem to care at all. Of the ones I have seen asking why it can't be adjusted, venting about frustrations, and even implementing new ideas are dismissed. I guess it is more lucrative to keep all the pod-casters, advertisers, etc happy or enticed than to have your subscribers satisfied and heard. The first time I have felt like Spotify really doesn't care. Thanks for at least being clear that you don't intend on doing anything to make the experience of listening, viewing, and finding podcasts on your app better for your users.

0 Replies

Suggested posts