Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Blocked artist still being recommended on homepage

Blocked artist still being recommended on homepage

I have blocked Kanye West music from being played and I have hidden his new song. I have also gone into my settings and disabled new music recommendations. However, every time I open the app his new song is being recommended to me on my homepage. I find the cover art to this song very disturbing and its to the point where I don't want to use the app because it's always there when I open it. How can I stop his music from being recommended to me I thought once I blocked his music from being played that he would no longer be recommended at all.

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone Xr, MacBook Air

3 Replies

Hey there @Brooke-Thompson

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We can confirm the Hide this song feature blocks a certain track from the specific playlist on the current device. In this case, the songs that you had hidden before might still re-appear again. 

Additionally, it seems that other users feel the way you do and posted this idea about this. Despite its current status, you can still add your vote to it and if anything changes in the future, we'll make sure to keep everyone updated over there.

On another note, you can mute an artist so it won't be played again. From the mobile app, head to the artist's page, tap on the 3 dot menu and select "Don't play this". This will affect all your devices. Also, take into account that this feature only prevents the songs by the blocked artist from being played. They might still show up on playlists and even in your recommendations, but the songs should be skipped. Currently, there's no way to visually "hide" the songs by the artist.

Lastly, it looks like other users would like to be able to customize the app's Home as well and they submitted this idea. 
You can add your support there by up-voting the idea. We'll inform on any developments there, as soon as there are any. Make sure to subscribe, if you haven't already. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I continue to get this artist named Leo in my discovery (he does metal covers of songs). I have blocked him and even had to individually hide multiple songs by him but I am tired of doing that every single day time. I have already looked through similar questions on here to see if that help. However I continue to get different albums by him.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPad Pro

Operating System

iPadOS 17.2

My Question or Issue

An artist I've had blocked for months is now being suggested to me on my home page with a new release. How do I force Spotify to stop suggesting blocked artists? I've reinstalled since they were first blocked and app is up to date (v 8.8.96).

IMG_1645.jpeg

IMG_1646.jpeg

Suggested posts