Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth controls not working

Bluetooth controls not working

For months now I haven't been able to play or pause using my Bluetooth headphones and my car. I've tried fresh installs of the app, 2 different phones, 2 different Bluetooth headphones ,same results. Play and pause work just fine on other apps that I use (audible, Samsung music, ect.) this is incredibly annoying and should have been fixed by now.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 

Android 7.1.1

Spotify 8.4.45.633 armV7

7 Replies

Hey @Maxximus91!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

By any chance, do you have access to a different Android device you could use to see if it behaves the same via Bluetooth? Also, have you tried restarting your phone before trying again?

We'll see what we can suggest.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hi, so this has been going on for months. Previously I had a Samsung Galaxy S7 and it also had the same problem. I currently have a Galaxy Note 8 and both phones have been restarted multiple times.

Chris

Thanks for the update.

We'd like to get to the bottom of this. If possible, try to log in using a friend's account to see if this is still happening. 

Keep us posted.

Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Hi, so I connected my Bluetooth headphones to my wife's iPhone 7 and tried her account. It works just fine. I can pause and unpause no problem.

Thanks for getting back to us.

That's strange, but it seems the issue is account related. In this case, we suggest you reach out to our team via Twitter or Facebook.

They'll be able to help you set up a new account.

Be sure to let us know how it goes.

Actually it's a family account which my wife is on
So I think it's an android thing rather than account. Works just fine on iOS.

Hey @Maxximus91!

Just to confirm, what's the make and model of the headphones you're using with your Android phone? Also, do the headphones have a cable you could use to see if it works when they're not paired via Bluetooth?

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts