Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth not working

Solved!

Bluetooth not working

my bluetooth speakers run fine with Pandora, but when I switch to Spotify I get an error message, related to speaker or audio output. It's not an OS-specific problem, I think. I am using a laptop dongle and bluetooth automotive speakers.

What would I need to change in spofity settings to get bluetooth to work?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

OK, I recently go the same problme again, Pandora works but Spotify DOA with bluetooth speakers.  I tried every setting I could find in Control Panel, Audio settings, but did more damage than good.

Finally went ahead and re-installed Spotify on laptop again and it finally came up on Bluetooth speakers.  Not sure why re-install works but that's the only thing that did it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

If the laptop is running Windows, you need to make sure the bluetooth speakers are set as the default audio output device in Control Panel > Sound and then restart Spotify.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The actual Spotify error message is:  "There is a problem with your sound card."

I am using WinXP w/Service Pack 3. I could not find any Bluetooth speakers listed in "Sounds and Audio Properties", but I may be missing a Dell laptop bluetooth driver.  Also the only other thing I could find to uncheck would be in "Sounds and Audio Properties", to uncheck "Use only default devices".  I will try this the next time I with bluetooth audio.

I tried Spotify again without making in changes in my laptop. This time, once I had the bluetooth pairing connection, I finally got Spotify to put the audio out into the bluetooth speakers.  I am not sure why it did not work the first time, unless switching from Pandaora to Spotify confused the audio connection somehow.

Marked as solution

OK, I recently go the same problme again, Pandora works but Spotify DOA with bluetooth speakers.  I tried every setting I could find in Control Panel, Audio settings, but did more damage than good.

Finally went ahead and re-installed Spotify on laptop again and it finally came up on Bluetooth speakers.  Not sure why re-install works but that's the only thing that did it.

Suggested posts