Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bose Sound Touch Adapter activates even if not selected

Bose Sound Touch Adapter activates even if not selected

Hi everybody,

i'm using spotify for quite a long time without any issues but now i had to sign in to this community because of a quite strange Problem.

bose soundtouch adapterbose soundtouch adapter, Other
I just purchased the SoundTouch adapter for my Bose CineMate 130 System to enable spotify support. As long i really intend to listen to music over my Bose sound system everything works fine.

And here is the issue: If i don't want to listen to music over the bose system but over my pc using headphones, the bose system boots up selecting sound touch as Source as soon i press play on spotify app on PC. Music is played over earphones.

I tried a few times to switch off the bose system, but it allways switched on again as soon i pressed play after pause. The sound allways was played over my headphones, NOT over bose system.

Even, when i use the bose system to watch tv for example over Satelite the bose system switches to sound touch source as soon i play music on spotify over my PC Headphones (WITHOUT INTENDING TO USE BOSE AS SPEAKER).

And now it get's even worse.
Yesterday i was in office and used my pc again to listen to music over headphones. My wife at home went crazy because the bose system allways changed to sound touch source while she was watching tv. So this happens even if i'm not at home.

Why does this happen???

Thanks for every helpful hint!

4 Replies

To keep you informed, i just talked to bose germany support and they told me to contact spotify support. is there any phone number to get technical support?

Any suggestions?

Hi, I have the same problem when I am using my Samsung Galaxy S4 and a bluetooth connection...
So when I am on the way by car (3G) for example or at home (WLAN) and stream the music by bluetooth, my bose 235 ii boots.
It don't play music but it boots and change the mode to soundtouch!

Do you have already a solution for your problem?

Thank you
Kind regards
Tobias

I have the Bose Cenimate 120 and I have the same issue.

No matter if I am on the wifi or on LTE, the Soundtouch will turn on the Cenimate 120 and will STAY ON for hours.

The above is true when I did not direct the soundtouch device to be used for music, I just simply turned on Spotify on my phone to play on my headphones.

SoundTouch 30 behaves similarly but not as bad.

*PS

iPhone 6

Both devices are on the wifi but also hardwired.

I am running pfsense FW which i did see traffic outbound from the bose soundtouch devices being dropped.

Suggested posts