Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bot adds to collaborative playlist

Bot adds to collaborative playlist

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

A bot is adding content to a collaborative playlist.

I've deleted its additions. I think Spotify should also undo any other activity of theirs.

5 Replies

Hi @ericandrewlewis,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this to the Community.

If somebody else has gotten access to your collaborative playlist, the best way to get rid of the unwanted user would be to create a new collaborative playlist and move all the tracks to it.

The easiest way to do it is in your desktop app:

1. Open and select all tracks use Ctrl + A 
  2. Right click on the selected tracks
  3. Select Add to Playlist > New Playlist

Also, please make sure to never send the link of the playlist with anyone besides the person you'll share it with. This will ensure it remains private.

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@MafeG, so instead of spotify trying to address the issue with bots messing with my collaborative playlist, 

i have to remake the collaborative playlist my friends and I have been working on for 5+ plus years? How hard is it to add an invite only feature? What the **bleep** am I paying for if the app refuses to better itself and deal with bots ruining the experience. 

I cannot even remove the songs which the bots have added now. 

Copying old playlist would remove the dates when songs were added. And bots found the list by themselves without posting the link anywhere.

Yeah, Spotify honestly needs to address this. Waking up to my playlist to find a random **bleep** (I'm looking at you Tillted702) has added 200 tracks to a playlist I have to then delete every morning is getting really old, really fast.

Hey there,

Thanks for posting your experiences to the Community.

We have recently implemented a new collaborative playlist functionality, which lets users share the editing rights with a specific user only for a certain time. More on that here.

But at this point there is also no possible solution, which will keep the dates of the songs intact. The way to use the new feature would be to make the playlist in question uncollaborative by copying the songs to a new playlist and then sharing the editing rights with the desired people.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts