Premium

Country

USA

Device

Laptops and phones 

Operating System

Android and Apple

My Question or Issue

Bots have been spamming my collaborative playlist with crappy music from two accounts, Pesukone and empty elevator. I used to be able to remove the songs, but now I can no longer remove the songs. It seems like there is no fix to this and spotify is unwilling to make an invite only option to prevent bots from ruining playlists their users have created. My friends and I have been adding to our collaborative playlist for 6+ years and we do not want to remake it. When will spotify address this issue? In the photo attached, ashley, amid, and poppy are all bot accounts. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 4.50.46 AM.png
1 Reply

We have the same issue. Such a sleazy and lame way to market music. I find it incredible that we cannot choose our collaborators. How many users want to collaborate with random strangers? Something like .0000000001% I imagine. It's also incredible that there is no way to report these bots. Spotify is batting zero on this issue, as well as on the issue of the how hard it is to report misattributed tracks, mispelled artist names, track listings, etc. They really don't respect the artists or users.

Suggested posts