Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cage rapper removed

Cage rapper removed

Hello,

Today I noticed that one of the first artist I added when Spotify first launched many many years ago, called Cage, has been removed. I couldnt find any songs from him on my playlist. When I tried to search for him I couldnt find him. I had to search for the album he released 2013 to be able to find him. And now all of his other albums are gone and its only this album "Kill the Architect" from 2013 thats left. Albums like "Hell's Winter" is gone including everything else.

So my question is what happend??? I hope someone can answer, its getting a bit annoying with albums or artist being added then removed, its not the first time this happens but with Cage I havnt heard anything about this.

Regards,

3 Replies

Hello @memmex ,

Unfortunately, Spotify is not responsible for missing music and removals of music that used to be available. If there's an artist/album/song missing, it's because the label/legal owner doesn't want it to be on Spotify or it is not available in your country (anymore). I suggest reaching out to the label and ask why this album is not on the platform.
Read this post (point 5) for further information: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partner-Devices/Music-FAQs-You-want-to-read-this-first/m...

You can also uncheck "hide unplayable tracks" in your preferences to see which songs in your playlists aren't available anymore. There's also been a suggestion in our ideas exchange that you might be interested in. Have a look at the following link and leave your comments/kudos over there to support the idea: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Alert-window-that-displays-if-when-a-track-has-been-re... 

Great, thanks for the answer, I'll look it up!

Hello, what is your listening region currently? I did find the release of Movies for the Blind hiding under another artist profile page with the same artist name. That release is right here spotify:artist:4yAE0Z6MYUZkEhzdq8racX4 also at this artist page listing there is the EP available Weatherproof as well as the release he did with the Nighthawks. The other artist page that has the release of Kill the Architect is right here spotify:artist:7vvbiBJh3P3vflWUuyb4zm but you are correct the release of Hell's Winter and also Depart From Me is not showing listing I even did the album title search and they are not coming up under his artist name. Anyway that is what I found available at least for US listeners.

Suggested posts