Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I turn off the COVID-19 icons on podcasts?

Can I turn off the COVID-19 icons on podcasts?

Please allow a switch to turn off the annoying COVID-19 icons on podcasts. I find them visually distracting, and I neither want not need Spotify information about COVID.

Cheers

9 Replies

Enough of the fake Covid leftist narratives please.  Had enough.  2 years ago. 

Has anyone figured out a way to turn this off? I agree it’s distracting and I’m not looking for medical advice from my podcast / music app. 

I submitted a feature request... fell free to post to it so that it might gain some traction with the spotify team! https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Desktop-Podcasts-Feature-flag-for-Covid-19-alerts/...

I don't get any of my health information from my music platform. Please let me disable this.

I agree with all these users.  It's patronising and unnecessary.  Worse still, you can accidentally hit one of the popups, reinforcing Spotify's belief that it is a useful feature. I use the browser platform to manage my podcast playlists and listen at home.  I only use the phone app to play the previously-made playlists in my car via Android Auto.  The Covid spam can be selectively blocked in the browser by Adblock.

turns out the covid info was government disinformation.

Spotify can't give up the government Covid propaganda.  Especially annoying to see the banners when everything told to us is being proved to be wrong.

The Covid **bleep** has jumped the shark...when is Spotify going to eliminate these blue Covid bars, or offer a way to turn them off? Just stupid at this point...

Haahaa...apparently "**bleep**" is not allowed....ridiculous.

Suggested posts