Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I use an alternative music player for Spotify?

Can I use an alternative music player for Spotify?

I love spotify music collection, but I have a hard time using the music player. I listen to a lot of classical music/opera and the long names do not fit in the scree,n which basically means I cannot distinguish between sons in the queue. Also, I don't think the queue is intuitivy enough when you want to listen to an album in order.

I wonder if there is a possibility to use another music player (in PC or android) and connect spotify to it, this way the music player could take care of this issues and still enjoy spotify's huge music collection.

5 Replies

Hey @PracticalSound - help's here!

Users in the Community typically go to the Idea Exchange to suggest improvements to the Spotify app.

There's an existing idea which is relevant to your suggestion - you can check it out here and if you think it's representative of your idea, then you can add your vote to it.

You can find out more about the Idea Exchange works and how your feedback reaches Spotify in this Spotify Answer.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions about this or anything else.

Thanks Peter, I'll add my vote there, but then should I assume the answer to my question is "no"? I appretiate the link but I'm interested in knowing if there is a way to use spotify for streaming but put another music player in control. Thanks again!

Hey @PracticalSound,

Thanks for getting back to us.

To answer your questions: there are, of course, alternative music players, however, since we believe in the product we support, we wouldn't swap it for anything.

Instead, we acknowledge that the product is not perfect and can always be improved, and so we're always open to feedback from our users - this is why I suggested that you vote for the idea I linked to above.

We want to make Spotify the best that it can be, and as a result we encourage users to suggest improvements to the already existing platform - from our experience, this is best achieved via the Idea Exchange.

Hope that clears things up! Let us know if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

Dear Peter,

Problem here is: we can suggest whst we consider improvements to the apps and these may never com to life.

And even if they do, it might take a while until that happens. I see no harm on promoting alternative front ends to Spotify. Those who already are happy with the official player won't change it and those who are not could benefit from a better user experience until the official app incorporates more features. It's a win-win scenario.

Hey @FormerMusicGeek,

Thanks for the reply.

You're right - some changes and implementations of the app take longer to be established, nerveless it's always good to share ideas for improvements.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts