Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can no longer access web player site.

Can no longer access web player site.

When trying to access the web player, i get a loggin screen and after logging in nothing happens. I'm left with just a black screen. It seems that sometimes attempting to log in gives me a "INVALID_CLIENT: Invalid redirect URI" in the log in window. Tried Deleting cookies, clearing chache, and messing with other devices but i still can't access it. 

17 Replies

Same thing happening here. Still isn't fixed today. Getting a "INVALID_CLIENT: Invalid redirect URI" in a pop-up window.

I also started having this same problem on the web client in the last few days. Using linux, with firefox-59.

I started having this same problem when using the web client in the last few days. Using linux, with firefox-59

I started having this same problem when using the web player, in the last few days. Using linux, with firefox-59

I am sorry for the multiple replies.

I'm having the same issue.  I went as far as doing an entire re-image of my machine.  Wiped all data.  The first time trying to use the Web Player I was prompted to log in with Facebook and was excited to be able to use the Web Player again.  After logging in with Facebook I get greeted with another login screen that reads "Log in with Spotify" then get stopped by a pop up reading : INVALID_CLIENT: Invalid redirect URI    The pop-up gives a web address: https://accounts.spotify.com/authorize?response_type=code&client_id=d8a5ed958d274c2e8ee717e6a4b0971d...

If doing a complete wipe of my machine and a fresh install of Windows 10 64-bit wont fix my issue then it sounds like a dev or 2 should probably lend a hand.

Same here. Tried to log out of all accounts everywhere as well, still does not work 😃 Missing out testing album feels great

Same. When I tried to login to the web player I got that message.

Exact same issue here.

The login page works fine but then the OAuth2 fails with

INVALID_CLIENT: Invalid redirect URI

For your information in my case the failing URI is:

https://accounts.spotify.com/authorize
  ?response_type=code
  &client_id=(client id here)
  &scope=(long list of scopes here)
  &redirect_uri=https://open3.spotify.com/callback
  &state=deVQDUJI1QQX4dLT

Not sure why this is open3 (and not just open) but anyway it does not work. Mobile app works. Firefox & Chrome on Windows works. Firefox & Chrome on Linux fails. I'm on a Premium subscription.

the workaround i find is playing any song from the app on my mobile device for a moment, then it lets me use the web app

@Deliganli's workaround does not help in my case. Clearing session storage (cookies & related) doesn't change anything neither.

Well, the bug has been fixed a few minutes/hours ago! Thanks.

Still doesn't work for me, did you do anything for it to work ?

How come, still not working for me :@ Did you anything special?

Aaaaaaand broken again! I was able to listen to music all night (UTC+2) but now I can't.

@ullu I did nothing special. I refreshed the page with logo & "LOG IN WITH SPOTIFY" and it displayed the app. That was ~20 hours ago. Now I have this **bleep** page and INVALID_URI error again.

bump

finally can open and log in again. But now it does not play songs :D:D:D:DD:D

Suggested posts