Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can not connect spotify to smart speaker?

Can not connect spotify to smart speaker?

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

(Windows 10 PC, Sony Xperia XZ2, Audio pro addon C3)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Question or Issue
I now have a problem with spotify connecting to my Audio pro Addon C3, I do get the Spotify connect button come up under devices, but it just says connecting and nothing happens. Now I can play it on my Windows 10 PC and my Sony phone and it used to work on the Audio Pro. I have restarted my speaker, PC phone and my BT router but still the same problem.....any ideas?

4 Replies

Hey @Mikeydave, help's here.

Try restarting all your devices (and speakers) by unplugging them and plugging them back in. Also, make sure that:

• All devices are on the same WiFi network.
  • Your Spotify app is up-to-date.
  • You reinstall the app.
  • All devices’ software is up-to-date. If you don't know, check with your devices' manufacturers for how to update the version software.
  • If possible, try switching between different networks and see if that helps.

If that doesn't work, get back with some more info. Do you see the speaker from both your phone and PC? A screenshot would be helpful.

All the best!

Hi Jemi,

Thanks for the reply,

I have restarted my speakers,phone,app and my pc and I am still having the same problem, I have attached a screnshot form my pc which shows it trying to connect to spotify. Its strange as my speaker is still working with other programs ie: Amazon music and internet radio.

Thanks

Mike

Spotify.png

Hey there @Mikeydave,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

If you haven't already, we'd recommend double checking that all your devices are updated with any pending software or driver updates.

It would also be helpful if you could give it a try connecting your speakers and PC to a different network connection and see if the issue perstists.

On another note, does this issue persist when using a different Spotify account to Connect to your speakers from the desktop app?

Keep us posted!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hello again Katerina,

Just to let you know my speaker is now working with Spotify...which is good!

I went back and gave it one more go by restarting everything and then it started to work and has been fine for the last couple of days, so fingers crossed it will keep working. 

Thanks again for all your help!

Suggested posts