Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Adjust "Play open.spotify.com URLs in desktop app" in New Web Player

Can't Adjust "Play open.spotify.com URLs in desktop app" in New Web Player

When clicking on an open.spotify.com link, anyone using the newer version of the web player player.spotify.com will not have the ability to switch between playing a linked track either through the web player OR the Spotify Desktop App. Users that are accessing the older version of the web player play.spotify.com have this ability by going to their settings and clicking the checkmark for "Play open.spotify.com URLs in desktop app." This is very useful for when there's a browser issue and you can simply turn on this setting to get around the web player. For instance, open.spotify.com links will not automatically play in the new web player -- I'm having to find that track in the playlist and click on it to play it. If I had the ability to switch to play linked tracks through the Desktop app, I would be able to click the link and have the Desktop app play the track automatically.

Please add the "Play open.spotify.com URLs in desktop app" function to the newer version of the web player: player.spotify.com

2015-11-04 13_49_54-The Vacant Chair - Tennessee Ernie Ford - Spotify.jpg
0 Replies

Suggested posts