Can't access podcasts AT ALL

Can't access podcasts AT ALL

Plan

Premium

Country

Saudi Arabia 

Device

iPhone X, Macbook

It's unacceptable that podcasts aren't available in a vast region such as MENA. I never really cared that I couldn't access podcasts from Spotify since I use other platforms just for that but when you sign Joe Rogan an exclusive deal to have his podcast die on any other platform that people prefer over Spotify which is clearly a move to gain more users from dedicated listeners, then the LEAST thing you can do is guarantee that all listeners can access the content you're hogging.

People here listen to podcasts too and who knows maybe when you make it available here and people dig the service you might gain more users. Just a thought.

I'm just furious that I can't even find a way around it or use a VPN service to access the content I literally have to fly myself to a different continent or illegally download it?

3 Replies

Hey @Rakan_Sultan,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

The content that's available on Spotify can differ between regions and that's due to a multitude of reasons, some of which include licensing agreements with the rights holders. We understand how this can cause some frustration, but recommend that you keep an eye out on our Newsroom. We constantly expand the content that's available and will keep you updated on any major changes in this regard there, as soon as there are any.  

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

But isn't the content owned by Spotify? And we're not talking about a few shows, we're talking about the whole feature. Some of the shows that are provided by Spotify in other regions are provided by other apps to us here. It just doesn't make sense to block the entire feature in certain countries.

Spotify is being unreasonable with the reach of its podcast service 

Suggested posts