Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't connect to Yamaha TSR-7850 device using Spotify Connect anymore

Can't connect to Yamaha TSR-7850 device using Spotify Connect anymore

My Yamaha TSR-7850 AV receiver used to work perfectly fine with Spotify Connect, and then all of a sudden, it stopped working. I still see "AV Receiver" in the list of devices I can connect to in the Spotify app, but when I try connecting to it, it tries, stops, and no luck. Both my phone and the AV receiver are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and nothing has changed.
8 Replies

Screenshot_20221024-164457.png

Screenshot_20221024-164524.png

You can see "AV Receiver" listed in the available devices (and this is the network name I've given my Yamaha TSR-7850), but when I try connecting to it, it doesn't work (see second screenshot).

The Yamaha TSR-7850 is definitely compatible with Spotify Connect, I've been using this feature for a couple of years now. It just stopped working a couple of weeks ago. Here's the model's spec, which also shows it's compatible with Spotify Connect: https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/av_receivers_amps/tsr-7850/index.html

Hi there @mladmon,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Issues with Connect can come up when Spotify makes changes to their API and the sound system manufacturers need some time to make updates on their end. Those usually get released in firmware updates. 

Can you check if there are any firmware updates available for your receiver and install those.

If that doesn't help, try connecting your devices to a different network, like a mobile hotspot to check if they manage to connect.

Let us know how you get on. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, I have had the same problem for a few days. It doesn't work. It has worked perfectly till now. A few days ago the problem occurred, but there ware any changes made to my devices (phone) and the environment (WiFi). I have tried the steps giving by you but it still doesn't work. 

Can you help me with another solution? 

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Xiaomi Mi 8 / Laptop HP with Win 10 -  Yamaha RX-v685

They won't help you, Spotify doesn't care about its customers

Hey folks,

Apologies for the delayed response.

@dzzzzzzz, we're sorry to hear you feel this way.

@philologuss, can you please try unplugging the receiver from the socket and let us know if the issue persists after the device boots up?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Lol what kind of response is "try unplugging the receiver" months later? What do you think we are, cavemen? This forum is absolutely useless. Why even have it? Just do a better job working with your partners so this problem doesn't happen.

Yep this was the cause. Thanks Alex! 

Just found this thread when my same receiver model behaved the same way. Checked the menu and indeed Yamaha posted a firmware update. After the update, voila things connected again! I'm home for Christmas baby! 

Suggested posts