Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can´t download because old songs aren´t available.

Solved!

Can´t download because old songs aren´t available.

Hello my name is Luca and Im from Germany, don´t blame me if there are some mistakes :).

So I have this playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/luca.berndmeyer/playlist/5i0nlAw0tx5M2LwWabX53R

and some month ago I added some songs from my old pc. At this time I only can hear them on my pc. Today I have a new phone and a new pc. Now I wanted to download the playlist on my mobile, but there are these bugged songs. I can´t see them in my list, I can´t listen to them and the only way I see the title is to look at the "skip song filter; (where you can change the order from following songs). My Question: Can I delete this songs? I neither see them on my pc. Look at the pictures I think that might help you. 

Have a nice day.

Luca

Luca Berndmeyer

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @lxca21

It sounds like you added local files to a playlist on your old computer. Local files in the playlist are linked to MP3 files on your computer (not Spotif's server) so they can only be played if you have gone into the Spotify settings to import them so they link up to what's in the playlist: https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/playlists/listen-to-local-files/ you can import them in the Spotify settings if you still have these files on your new computer

In the desktop app go into the app settings and scroll down to "Display Options" and turn ON "show unavailable songs in playlists"

that way you can see these songs and delete them from the playlist if you want to.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @lxca21

It sounds like you added local files to a playlist on your old computer. Local files in the playlist are linked to MP3 files on your computer (not Spotif's server) so they can only be played if you have gone into the Spotify settings to import them so they link up to what's in the playlist: https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/playlists/listen-to-local-files/ you can import them in the Spotify settings if you still have these files on your new computer

In the desktop app go into the app settings and scroll down to "Display Options" and turn ON "show unavailable songs in playlists"

that way you can see these songs and delete them from the playlist if you want to.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hey.

Thank you it helped wonderful!

Have a nice day!

Luca!

Luca Berndmeyer

Glad to hear it worked! You're welcome 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts