NEXT STEP

Can't listen to music on windows app

Can't listen to music on windows app

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hey, I am unable to listen to songs on the windows app as when I click play it displays a message saying "Spotify can't play this right now if you have the file on your computer you can import it". I have reinstalled the Spotify app many times and even wiped my storage during a reinstall of windows and I am still getting the same message.

4 Replies

Hey @pomker,

Is this happening while you're trying to play local files?
Or does it occur with songs that are uploaded to Spotify?
If so, could you send us a link to the unplayable content and, in case that's not possible as well, could you send us a screenshot?

We'll be on the lookout for your response 🙂

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Happens on every song and podcast.

Ive reinstalled the app lots of times, cleared my computer's cache, reinstalled after deleting all Spotify affiliated software, tried listening on a test account.

This has been happening for the past 6 months so the Spotify version and Windows version probably aren't what is wrong.

Spotify works on the web player and on all my other devices.

IMG_20221223_195305.jpg

When I press play it will show the message then try to play some more songs next in the queue then stops trying.

Hey @pomker,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

Since the Web Player works fine and the app seems to be working normally on other devices, the issue could be device-related. In this case, we'd recommend clearing all the host files that might be affecting the proper behavior of the app. To do so, follow the steps mentioned in this post (even if it's a different issue).

If the issue persists, include in your next response the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts