Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log in to webplayer on Firefox

Solved!

Can't log in to webplayer on Firefox

Plan

Free

Country

Germany

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

Hello, since 2-3 months I've been having problems with the webplayer in Firefox.

Whenever I try to log in, it says username or password invalid. But I can log in using the same credentials in Chrome and the Desktop App without any problems. I made sure to use the same plugins or Firefox and Chrome, but the problem persists.

I would be really glad if somebody could help me out!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi again Lennnart,

We'd like to help out as much as we can. The issue is a bit odd, since using the same credentials should log you in regardless of where you log in. 

Do you get automatically logged in? Try removing the presaved text from the username and password fields and manually write them back. If necessary, write the password on the username field to double-check that there isn't anything with the keyboard or Firefox input (if you're using special characters for instance). 

It may be a good idea to change your password to something else and see if it helps. 

If not, get back to us with a screenshot and we'll see what we can do.

All the best!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @knaji! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That's odd.

Have you tried to clean your browser cache/cookies to see if that helps?

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

Hey Nico,

thanks for the suggestions, everythings cleared, but the error message persists. I had the same problem, when I tried to log in to answer here. I guess that's because both login pages are the same?

@knaji

Yes, they're the same.

Could you please try to update your Firefox version? Maybe you current version is outdated.

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

Hey @knaji, help's here.

First, we strongly suggest that you make sure Firefox is up-to-date. A reinstall of the browser may help here, but you might lose data doing that. 

If that doesn't work, try opening the Web Player in an incognito window.

It's also a good idea to enable full functionality on the site settings. We know you already made a comparison with other browsers, but double-check the settings of Firefox to make sure everything looks alright and enabled, and nothing is blocked. Enable ads, pop-ups and redirects for instance. 

Make sure to check out any firewall settings so that Spotify is allowed as well.

Lastly, try switching network connections and see if that helps, and restart your router.

Let us know how it goes!

Hey Nico and Jemi, thank you very much for all the suggestions.

Firefox is up-to-date and doesn't block anything on it's own. I do use an adblocker, but it's the same one in Chrome, where it's not producing any problems, which it also didn't in Firefox until a few months ago... I tried disabling all Add-Ons, but no improvement there as well.

Using an incognito window didn't make a difference.

Well I guess for the time being, I will just use Chrome or the App to listen to Spotify. Unless you have any other ideas left 😉

Cheers,

Lennart

Marked as solution

Hi again Lennnart,

We'd like to help out as much as we can. The issue is a bit odd, since using the same credentials should log you in regardless of where you log in. 

Do you get automatically logged in? Try removing the presaved text from the username and password fields and manually write them back. If necessary, write the password on the username field to double-check that there isn't anything with the keyboard or Firefox input (if you're using special characters for instance). 

It may be a good idea to change your password to something else and see if it helps. 

If not, get back to us with a screenshot and we'll see what we can do.

All the best!

Hey Jemi,

that did the trick. I removed the saved log-in credentials and manually put them back in and everything worked like a charm! I saved the credentials again and now it works without problems. I must've forgotten to update the saved password (even though I was sure I changed it when I put in the new one).

Thank you very, very much!

Hi again Lennart, 

Glad this did the trick, and hope you'll enjoy your music across all platforms and browsers.

Have a good one! 🙂

Suggested posts