Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login to Spotify on Roku 3

Solved!

Can't login to Spotify on Roku 3

I just got a new ROKU 3. I am a premium Spotify customer but I see the following message every time I try to login via the ROKU:

As recommended, I have checked my settings but every other channel (including ones that require login like MLB.TV, Netflix and Amazon Cloud) all stream perfectly over Wi-Fi. So far, Spotify is the only one to do this.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks.

51 Replies

Such a bummer this still hasn't been properly addressed. Clearly Spotify and Roku don't give a **bleep**. **bleep** us, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Very disappointed.  One of the reasons I decided to go with a Roku was because it had the spotify logo on the box.  Sure, I can down load the app but I can't log in so what good is it!?!  lame

We also have this issue and have tried numerous suggested fixes to no avail.  (*$%(*@($%  THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!!!!

OK, people....this is going to sound crazy - and I am complete embarrassed to post this.  BE SURE TO LOG IN USING YOUR SPOTIFY LOGIN......NOT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS!!! 

After trying every single fix I could find including rebooting all my devices and wiping my Roku, I realized that I was using my email address to log in.

Problem solved. So if I can save anyone the 2 hours it took me to figure out this simple  solution, then so be it. 

Again, Embarrassed beyond belief.

After months of frustration this suggestion to use "user ID" displayed in top right corner of your spotify account online, instead of email (which i actually use to log on to Spotify online) worked!!  There is a diffrence and Roku did not recognize my email for signin but it did recognize my "user ID" which is not the same.  I am finally able to happily use Spotify on Roku.  THANK YOU!!!

I just did the same thing, realized I had a username on my acct and not an email as my log in... After putting username instead of email it worked... So silly three years after this initial forum, no one figured that one out... Hope this helps

Try Username as login not your email.

This is an easily corrected issue, first place text stating that it isn't your email address.

Second, Spotify needs to allow email address as a sign in. My Spotify generated UserID is so strange, I can't remember it.

##

My Spotify user ID is a random string of numbers because when I signed up,
it automatically generated the ID. This was when Spotify was used through
Facebook, I think. I think this is where the issue lies.

Exactly. I've castigated Spotify in the past for their very poor account/userID set up, but they have never improved it.  In fact, while trying to fix this problem by confirming my wife's userID, I logged her out of her web session, then it wouldn't allow me back in with the account, even with the correct password. I signed in with the userID which I got when I signed out.

I banned Spotify from our home a few years back due to their really stupid account management/UI (I own a customer experience consulting firm, and use Spotify as a "THEY SUCK!" example.) But our 23 yr old son bought Premium, then added us to a family account as a gift.  

Figured it out! It takes a couple minutes, but im logged in. Go to account overview online, at the bottom there's a button to let password. It will show you a ridiculously long username, screenshot that. Click to have it send the email, take the email link to set a password of your choice. On the roku, type the retarded long username and the password you just made. BAM!!!

Screenshot_20170904-023511.png

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Suggested posts