Free

Country

Canada

Device

all of them

Operating System

all of them

My Question or Issue

I can only manage to play a Jordan Peterson podcast every few days. The rest of the time nothing happens. This does not happen with any other podcast. This happens on all platforms. Please help.

40 Replies

hello, what update are you on and please go into detail of what devices you are using 

thanks have a awesome day!

I downloaded the latest update on my Galaxy 8. But I am also having this problem on the web version as well.

ok thank you. let me check some things and il get back with you.

have a good day!

Hi @kevin_tyler_ihw,

Thanks for posting on the Community.

In order to check further, could you send us the make, model, OS version, and exact Spotify version of the devices in which you've been having this issue? Also, let us know if this happens with other networks (WiFi, 4G, 5G). We'll keep an eye on your reply. 

@Musiclover000, thanks for your help and support 🙂 ​​​​​​

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the same problem as well on the windows version. Hit play and nothing happens. Version 1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c

Hey there @Chancez!

Thanks for joining the thread. Does this happen with all episodes of the podcast and on all devices including mobile, desktop and web player?

We're not able to reproduce the issue on our end so we'll need to do some more digging to see what might be causing it.

With that, we'd also ask you to try playing the podcast using a different network, as @Novy suggested above, for example by creating a hot spot from your phone.

Another detail worth checking is turning off any ad-blockers you might be using.

Keep us in the loop here!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This happens on my Samsung Galaxy 8 running Android v9 and Spotify v8.7.30.1221. It also happens on the web player on a Windows 10 desktop.

Hey @kevin_tyler_ihw,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you try to reproduce the issue with another account?

Are you using the mobile app on the phone or you're using the web player on the phone aswell? Some podcasts containing music cannot be played on the web player, that's why I'm asking.

Do you have any ad-blockers installed on your devices?

If you could send us a link to a podcast you can't play, that'll be also helpful.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I do not have access to any other account to try.

I am using the mobile app on my phone. I have never tried the web player on my phone, but the same problem happens on he web player on a desk top. My assumption is it would be the same. The podcasts do not contain music.

I have no ad-blockers installed.

It's any Jordan B Peterson episode. Any of them. I do not have this problem with any other podcast. 

Hey @kevin_tyler_ihw,

Thanks for the reply.

It is important to know if this issue occurs on your end with another account. Could you create a new free account for testing purposes and let us know how it went?

We'd also need a link to the podcast you can't play and a short video recording of the experience when you try to start the podcast. Could you prepare this?

Thanks a lot and keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

These are very weak support responses out of Spotify. stop telling your customer to do your user testing for free. 

I am having same issue. Worked fine the other day. Just stopped working for no reason. No updates done nor available. 

JP podcasts not working for me. Everything else working fine!

Same. Someone at Spotify is clearly trying to suppress the podcast. It's literally the only show not playing. I've emailed Jordan's team.

I’m also having the same problem the Jordan Peterson podcast wont load but every other podcast will. I also cannot download his podcast but can for others I have plenty of storage my cache is clear I have restarted and reinstalled Spotify. I have also used a different device and the web player and they all had the same results. I have no ad blockers downloaded and have the latest version of Spotify I’m using an iPhone 12 and it doesn’t work on Wi-Fi or cellular. Please help 

I am in the same boat, trying to load one of jordan peterson’s podcasts and nothing, all other podcasts are loading normally.

I have the same issue with Dr, No Sleep and the scp experience podcasts.

OS -windows 10

spotify version- Spotify for Windows 1.1.86.857.g3751ee08

I have the same problem. Only JBP podcast not playing. Everything else I try works fine.
Phone app and web.
Makes it sort of obvious that is has nothing to do with updates/platform/device.
But hey - how about I give you all info about everything? I have black socks on now if it helps.

Jeeees.

Exactly same experience, all JBP podcasts stopped working today. What are you doing Spotify? 😐

Suggested posts