Free

Country

Canada

Device

all of them

Operating System

all of them

My Question or Issue

I can only manage to play a Jordan Peterson podcast every few days. The rest of the time nothing happens. This does not happen with any other podcast. This happens on all platforms. Please help.

40 Replies

Hey folks,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

To keep investigating this case, would you mind including the make, model and OS version of the device involved, along with the Spotify version you're currently running?

Also, could you check on the Web Player to see if it makes any difference?

Lastly, it would be great if you could record a short video where we can take a better look. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it). This will give us a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have just started using a Samsung S21 FE running Android v12 running Spotify v8.7.36.923. It still does not work. The web player still does work. That is 3 different devices I have used that DO NOT WORK. There's something on Spotify's end not playing Jordan Peterson podcasts 90% of the time.

Hey @kevin_tyler_ihw,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you or anyone else in the thread try to replicate this issue with a different account for testing purposes? We need to further isolate the issue, as we can't reproduce it on our end.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Why would I personally need to recreate the issue on another account when other people are also having the same issue? My current account is clearly not the only one have the problem.

Hey @kevin_tyler_ihw,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

The troubleshooting process we sent was to cover all bases and isolate the issue to find its root cause. This is because it could be caused by different reasons. The test with a different account on your same device, will determine if it's account related or not.

We understand where you're coming from and we appreciate the time you're taking keeping us in the loop. However, we need the previous information to keep investigating the case and resolve it as soon as possible. 

In case you don't have a different account available for testing, you can create a new one using a different email address here.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Hey folks!

This should be working now. Could you let us know if the issue continues to persist for you :?
If it does - go to this link and clear you app data / cache / storage, depending on your device. After this check the podcast again.

In case it continues to not work - let us know what your device is, its OS and your Spotify version 🙂
Thanks!

@Bazrah1967  @Conny666  @kritarth  @Alejandro941 
@Yoiboi703  @EvanProduct @Watto5  @KTDM  
@Cartrip  @Chancez  @kevin_tyler_ihw 

VasilModerator

I followed these steps and the latest podcast episode will not play.

Once again - Samsung Galaxy F21 FE, Android v12, Spotify v8.7.38.663

Any updates? Still not working.

Hey @kevin_tyler_ihw,

Thanks for your reply.

We can confirm that the right teams are already informed about this situation and are looking into it as we speak. However we cannot give you an exact timeframe, when a solution to this situation will be available. We can advise all folks who've experienced similar issues to keep track of this thread here, as we'll make sure to post all related info here once it's available.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator

How is it a company this size with a platform this big can't explain why a certain podcast won't play or give a timeline to when it will be fixed? "hope it gets sorted out soon" great response! Nothing like paying for a service that you won't deliver on and then offering nothing to your customers as to why.

Any update? Still happening.

Hey again @kevin_tyler_ihw,

Thanks for your post here.

We've looked into it and have identified that this intermittent behavior has to do with a networking and hosting issues. As we use external hosting providers, this isn't something we can influence directly, but will be working on optimizing, however, it won't be possible to provide a clear timeframe for a permanent fix for situations like that one.

If the podcast is currently unplayable for you, the best option would be trying again at a later time, or downloading the podcast for offline listening and switching to offline.

We hope this helps and clears things up. Take care!

Kiril Moderator

I can't download it either. It stays at 0%.

Am having similar problem, all other podcast can play without problem, only Jordan Peterson's podcast is having this issues. Am using Android 11 on Umidigi Bison, and I have the latest update of Spotify app.

Why don't YOU create an account and test it?

I'm having this same problem, July2023, only with Peterson.  If I click, nothing happens.  If his podcast comes up next in a playlist que, spotify stops playing.  This is clearly not a device-dependent issue.

I created a free test account and it still doesn't work.**bleep**: TestyMcTesterson.  
Windows 10 Enterprise
Web Version - Listening on Microsoft Edge Version 115.0.1901.200 (Official build) (64-bit)
Using Cisco AnyConnect VPN - Based in Spain VPN runs through France

Also doesn't work on my paid version of Spotify Premium
Windows 10 Enterprise
Web Version - Listening in Google Chrome Version 114.0.5735.289 (Official Build) extended (64-bit)
Using Cisco AnyConnect VPN - Based in Spain VPN runs through France

I have no problems listening to anything else on the platform that I have tried. Music, Other Podcasts, Spotify generated playlists, etc... 

@kiril @vasil @oscarDC

I am having the same problem. Other podcasts play, but not Jordan Peterson’s. Did Spotify deplatform him?

Any help on this issue? It still persists.

I have had this problem for weeks on all my devices and it disappeared now when I distabled Proton VPN. It has a feature that blocks trackers and malware as well. I'm sure other VPN services have the same feature. I toggled off that feature, restarted the VPN and now it works on my PC. I repeated the steps on my Samsung S21 with the same results. 
So Spotify either has trackers or malware embedded in the traffic when you start playing Jordan Peterson podcasts, because it's the only podcast this has happened to for me in my entire life history using Spotify.

I'm also having issues listening to some of Jordan Peterson's content on the Spotify iphone app - specifically episodes 378, 379, and 380. I am able to access these episodes through a web browser both on my computer and on my iphone, but cannot get that specific podcast to play within the app on my iphone.

Suggested posts