Can’t play Shows through connect

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands 

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

Hi all, today I noticed that I’m unable to play any Spotify Shows on my Spotify connect devices (Teufel Stereo M and Teufel One S). Music and podcasts work just fine. 

Is this intentional and/or is there a solution for this?

5 Replies

Hi there @Baskool,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Another useful step to try is to restart your router.

If the issue persist, can you provide us a screen recording? This will help us understand more directly what's going on from your end.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy, 

Thanks for your reply! I've tried a clean install, this unfortunately didn't fix the problem, and the problem persists on 2 iPhones and an iMac.

I just noticed that I can play spotify shows through connect on my iPhone from my iMac and vice versa. And my spotify client on my mac states "unavailable to control" for both spotify connect and google cast on my speakers (see screenshot).

So I'm starting to think my speakers need an updated version of the Spotify Connect client that supports Spotify Shows, could this be correct?

screenshot spotify.png

Hey @Baskool

Thanks for getting back to us. 

It's possible that your speakers need a firmware update, so it's worth checking if there's any update available for them. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Novy,

I think you’re right, it must be the firmware that doesn’t support the shows feature yet. There’s no firmware update available yet, but I’ll reach out to teufel with this question. Thank you for your help!

Hi @Baskool

You're welcome! If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts