Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can´t play music on Web Player

Solved!

Can´t play music on Web Player

I'm having trouble with the web player. It lets me navegate but when I clik on play, in any song, artist, album, etc, it won't do a thing.

Any suggestions? I've read about going to edit, prefrences and so on, but that's for the application. My question is about de Web player.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @GonGra

There are some basic tips you can try out to get it work:

1. wipe your browser's cookies and cache

2. make sure you're using a supported browser (Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Opera), and it's up to date.

3. Refer to this article to make sure DRM content is allowed.
4. Incognito window could work. In this case some extensions might be working against the web player.

Here's a slightly more complex trick to try that targets Spotify Connect and it goes like this (leave your web player open):

1. open Spotify app on your mobile (not on windows phone) or desktop. Another computer's web player works too. For me even another browser in the same machine worked.

2. Play something in the app or another web player, then locate the 'connect to a device' button (looks like a small computer icon) and choose the web player you want to use.

This should route the playback over to the web player in question.

A third trick that has worked for some users:

1. Log to your account

2. Click on your user icon at the bottom left

3. Click on the "Full Website" button

4. Click on any proposed album under "Looking for music?"

You may have to hard-refresh (hit ctrl and F5) the web player, and you may have to repeat the last trick a few times.

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Wow... I've been searching these forums for about an hour. I've tried every trick I could find, including spoofing my User Agent. Nothing worked. I tried your "third trick", and I can listen to music again! Thank you sir. You are a Rock Star to me.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @GonGra

There are some basic tips you can try out to get it work:

1. wipe your browser's cookies and cache

2. make sure you're using a supported browser (Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Opera), and it's up to date.

3. Refer to this article to make sure DRM content is allowed.
4. Incognito window could work. In this case some extensions might be working against the web player.

Here's a slightly more complex trick to try that targets Spotify Connect and it goes like this (leave your web player open):

1. open Spotify app on your mobile (not on windows phone) or desktop. Another computer's web player works too. For me even another browser in the same machine worked.

2. Play something in the app or another web player, then locate the 'connect to a device' button (looks like a small computer icon) and choose the web player you want to use.

This should route the playback over to the web player in question.

A third trick that has worked for some users:

1. Log to your account

2. Click on your user icon at the bottom left

3. Click on the "Full Website" button

4. Click on any proposed album under "Looking for music?"

You may have to hard-refresh (hit ctrl and F5) the web player, and you may have to repeat the last trick a few times.

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Marked as solution

Wow... I've been searching these forums for about an hour. I've tried every trick I could find, including spoofing my User Agent. Nothing worked. I tried your "third trick", and I can listen to music again! Thank you sir. You are a Rock Star to me.

Yeaaaaa, the third trick did it! Although not at first.. I tried ALL of the tricks you said, including the third one and nothing.. What I did then was go to Account and then Close all sessions everywhere.. I logged in again and did the third trick and.. Voilà !

You're my new hero.

@GonGra

Awesome!

I'll keep the Close All Sessions ('sign out everywhere?') part in mind. 🙂 Thank you for your input and enjoy Spotify!

SebastySpotify Star

Suggested posts