Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play some songs

Can't play some songs

Hello, my problem is that I want to play certain songs and the app on my computer shows the following message: "this song is not available, if you have the file on your computer you can import it" (as shown in the image); the problem is that the songs do not appear in gray as usually happens with some song that is not really available. The songs with which I have seen that there is this problem: The first 3 songs of the album The Fall of Gorillaz; and this, Ulysses by Franz Ferdinand.

SS spotify.JPG
3 Replies

This is madness! I'm having exactly the same problem with my Macbook, but it's only some songs? It'll be fine for some songs on an album then not others?

I've tried removing tracks from the library, uninstalling the file from the computer - everything and no luck.

Works fine with Alexa and on my iPhone, just not the Macbook?

Hi!

I contacted Spotify about this and after about 24 hours (yep, it stumped them too!) they sent me a solution that worked. It's all about downloading app cleaner and using that  - must be something to do with hidden cache folders! Here are the steps:

• Close Spotify on your Mac.
  • Head here and install App Cleaner: https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/
  • Once it's been installed, open Finder and head to Computer.
  • In Computer, search for Spotify.
  • Once the search has been completed, launch AppCleaner.
  • Drag and drop the Spotify application from Finder, into AppCleaner.
  • Now you should get all the folders associated with Spotify selected. Then click on Remove.
  • Once everything's been deleted, reinstall Spotify.

Good Luck!

Thank you for helping me, but my OS is Windows, not Mac 😞

Suggested posts