Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play songs under "Songs" in Your Music

Solved!

Can't play songs under "Songs" in Your Music

Hi,

I posted here about an hour ago but I don't see it in the forums anymore so I can only assume that I didn't actually post it so here goes again...

I didn't renew my premium subscription so now I am a free user but I am unable to play songs in the desktop app or the webplayer that are in "Songs" under "Your Music".

I read a few forum posts about making sure that High Quality Streaming is not checked and it isn't.

When I tried it in the webplayer I did notice in Chrome's Dev Tools about something in the SDK JS file saying length is not defined which could be causing this.

Not sure if this is also the exact same problem I'm having on the desktop app or not but same exact issue can be replicated in both.

Does anyone know a fix for this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Over 3 months now and this is still a massive issue. Cannot play any music under "Songs" on the desktop app OR web player... I give up with this company, the adverts are becoming hugely annoying as well. If I play one song from "Discover Weekly by Spotify" I get a 30 second advert... If I wanted that I'd just listen to the radio!

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Having the same issue! But I'm on the web player

I'm using the web player on Chrome OS and I'm running into the same issues, highly frustrating.

I'm still a premium sub though, nothing has changed there, the music just wont play.

same problem on web player 4 days ago... 😕

I've been having the same issue of not being able to play songs under "songs" on the web player since last week.  I'm not entirely sure when the problem started but I know that for several days before it stopped letting me play songs, it kept randomly disconnecting me from Spotify.  You know, giving you that white "connecting to spotify" box.  Today the problem has gone from just the "songs" to playlists that I've created won't load except part of one.  That partial one that loaded won't let me play it.  I can only play official spotify created playlists and even then it is hit or miss.  If I click on an artist with songs that I've starred and try to play songs that way, they won't play.  If I've started playing an official spotify playlist, clicking on the songs under the artist page will just start or stop playing the song that was playing on the official spotify playlist.  I've tried different browsers and private and regular modes and nothing has helped.  The only solution I can come up with is listening to Google Play Music.  The upside is that I can still search on Spotify and star songs that I find on Google Play Music to hopefully listen to later on Spotify when it starts working again.

This is exactly my situation! Same connectivity issues and the problem worsened over time.

So I just tried to switch official spotify playlists and it's not letting me. Either it just doesn't play or it does the thing where clicking to play a different playlist just starts/ stops the one I was listening to. So basically all play functionality has been lost beyond finding a playlist and listening to it without switching to something else.

Same problem here. Started on Chrome, where I couldn't play any songs, except those from playlists. Then, I couldn't play any songs at all. Switched to Firefox, and solved for a few days. Now both browsers have the same issue - can't play any songs on Chrome, and can't play songs under "songs" on Firefox.

This is SO FRUSTRATING.

I tried to clear Chrome's cache. Didn't work.

@ChronixPsyc

Hello:

On the Spotify desktop player did you log out of the Spotify desktop app? Also it can help here, when things get hung up to try a full system shutdown and start back up, and then log back into the Spotify desktop app? Try all these first, and then post back what which OS and also Spotify desktop app version you have that is having playback issues.

@crazylikeafox11

Hello:

Can you try if possible using an incognito window in Chrome and then trying to play content, does this work?

@Seco

Hello:

Can you try using an incognito window with Chrome, and then try again with the webplayer?

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I tried all of these options and nothing worked.

I've tried this on Windows 10 64bit, Chrome for Windows, Firefox for Windows, Edge and IE11.

Still having the same issues.

Just to update this post that it's been two weeks from hearing anything from the support team on this matter and I'm still - as most people here most likely - experiencing this problem.

Does anyone from the support team have any idea how to fix this or to get around it as I am starting to think it might be worth looking for alternative companies that I can use to get my music fix from.

Marked as solution

Over 3 months now and this is still a massive issue. Cannot play any music under "Songs" on the desktop app OR web player... I give up with this company, the adverts are becoming hugely annoying as well. If I play one song from "Discover Weekly by Spotify" I get a 30 second advert... If I wanted that I'd just listen to the radio!

Suggested posts