Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't resume music from the last played position while using voice commands on Amazon and Google

Can't resume music from the last played position while using voice commands on Amazon and Google

Hello everyone,

We've received reports that users been having a problem with albums/playlists resuming from their last played position while using voice commands on Amazon and Google devices.

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
48 Replies

Is someone looking in to this latest problem with shuffle turning off or should I create a new post?

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your messages. 

If you're no longer having the issue mentioned in the original post, you can start a thread in the relevant Help Board so that we can take a look and report it if needed. This will also help us focus on one issue at a time and avoid any confusions.

In case you're still experiencing the original issue in this thread, make sure to let us know so that we can forward your reports to the right folks. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey everyone,

We haven't received any new reports about the original issue in the thread, so we'll go ahead and move the thread back to the Help Board. 

In case you still experience this issue, let us know. We'll look into this further.

Cheers!

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I listen to audio books often if I'm away. 

Spotify will not remember my mat playing position. Very annoying. 

Hi there @D3hk4y,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. Let's take a closer look into this.

To start with, can you let us know what troubleshooting you've done that's been provided in this thread? This will help us to not repeat anything you've already done 🙂

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

This issue is happening again with voice commands on my echo dot. Saying "play Spotify" to my echo device should continue where I left off but it restarts the playlist or album from the 1st song. Started happening yesterday (march 25)

Still having this issue since last Friday

I'm having the same issue with resuming - it goes back to the beginning of the playlist instead of resuming from where I left off with a voice command on Google Home. I can play whatever I want from my phone or iPad, but voice command goes back to the beginning if I ever need to pause. It's really annoying, it's worked fine for years and suddenly broken.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies. 

The behavior you mention is expected due to a number of factors such as the OS, factory settings and limitations from certain devices. We've forwarded this to the relevant team here at Spotify, however, we can't confirm when it will be addressed.

In the meantime, please make sure to keep your app up to date with the latest version, so you don't miss out on any new fixes and improvements coming your way.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts