Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't save new albums to my library

Solved!

Can't save new albums to my library

Hello!

I'm having a issue using the library feature.

Let's say an artist I like is releasing a new album, let's say it's Muse because it was when I first noticed the issue. I searched/browsed to Drones, clicked save and then made it availabe offline. When I left my house and tried to listen to it, it was not saved, and it wasn't even in my library anymore.

The same thing happened with all other new artists or albuns I tried to save later.

It happens everywhere: Windows client, Android app, web player.

Already tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software in both plataforms, but the problems sticks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@user-removed

Hello:

Do you know about how many Songs you have saved under YOUR MUSIC? There is currently a 10,000 track limit. If you go to Songs under YOUR MUSIC, highlight one track and then do a select all, and now be very careful here, start to drag all selected tracks slowly like you would when adding content to a playlist, a little context window will open next to your mouse pointer informing you how many tracks are selected. Are you close to 10,000 tracks?

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Same thing here, and I am yet to be answered by Spotify, this is ridiculous considering we are paying customers.

Marked as solution

@user-removed

Hello:

Do you know about how many Songs you have saved under YOUR MUSIC? There is currently a 10,000 track limit. If you go to Songs under YOUR MUSIC, highlight one track and then do a select all, and now be very careful here, start to drag all selected tracks slowly like you would when adding content to a playlist, a little context window will open next to your mouse pointer informing you how many tracks are selected. Are you close to 10,000 tracks?

Hello!

I didn't know that there was this kind of limit. And yet, I'm not that close to 10,000. I'm currently with 9,283 songs saved under YOUR MUSIC.

So, unless I make some kind of clean up on my library and be more careful of what I pick to save, I'll always have this limit problem?

Thanks!

Hello,

it's a 10000 tracks limit. An album with 10 songs has 11 tracks because the album itself is one track. So you might have reached the limit. 

I can't say I'm not disappointed with the track limit, but what can I do, right?

You can save an album as a playlist. Playlists are not part of your music library. 

I'm having this same behavior too, with about 9100 songs in my library...if albums do count as "tracks" then this is highly disappointing.

Suggested posts