Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't share via desktop (no result when searching for friends)

Can't share via desktop (no result when searching for friends)

I'm unable to share songs, albums or playlist with my friends or followers in the desktop version of Spotify. I'm connected to Facebook, along with most of my friends. When I press the "Share" button and selects "Send to.." everything seems normal. When I try to search for my friends, this happens:

Spotify search no result.png

You can see that I follow Gabrielle, which is the person I'm trying to search for.

Everything works completely fine on my android phone.

I've tried to restart, log in and out, reinstall etc. All my programs are up to date. I'm running Windows 8.1.

3 Replies

It appears to be an issue with the Spotify Servers, several other Issues are occuring and I'm sure it will be fixed within 24 hours. Untill then we will have to wait unfortunately.

Just a Random Guy trying to help those in need.

“I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.”

― Bill Gates

So it's been a few days and this topic is popping up other places as well.

Does anyone have any idea about this? If it is a problem with Spotify's service, do they have someplace where they announce these things - like what's broken and when they intend to have it fixed by - or even if they know it's an issue?

Have to say, as a paying customer, it's kind of annoying. The share feature is one of the most important features to me. I use this for work to share ideas and this is really slowing me down. I understand things happen with updates and issues, but it would be nice to hear from Spotify.

I have even tried to uninstall an reinstall Spotify. Same problem.

Please fix!!!!!

Suggested posts