Free

Country

USA

Device

Lenovo ideapad Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I used to be able to stay logged in when logging in with Facebook, but now I can't. Whenever I close chrome, I have to log in to the webplayer again the next time I open it. The 'remember me' box is checked when I do log in, but it still doesn't remember me. I've tried clearing my history as well as cookies, but it did nothing. Is there anything I can do to make it so I don't have to keep logging in every time?

3 Replies

Hey @skyott! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Are you still experiencing this problem?

If yes, please check your browser settings. There might be a setting turned on that clears your cache/cookies everytime you close the browser. That would explain why you need to relog again everytime. ^^

Peace

Just chiming in to say I've had this same problem for months. I don't have any settings that clear my cache or cookies, I'm not using any chrome extensions that would do that, and I'm definitely not in incognito mode. But Chrome absolutely refuses to remain logged into the spotify player on my windows machine. 
I've got a macbook at work that's logged into the same account, also on chrome, and it works just fine. 

Hey @skyott and @lockan,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Try to factory reset your Chrome web-browser with these instructions to see if that fixed the issue. Be sure to test if Spotify works before you set your browser back up.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts