Can't switch song and no audio

Plan

Free

Country

United Kindom

Device

PlayStation 4

My Question or Issue

For the past few days my Spotify hasn't been working because I'll start my playlist, then after about 2-5 songs it stops playing and if I press resume it says it's playing but there's no audio. If I try to switch the song or playlist it just keeps trying to play the song I'm already on but without any audio. I have to wait about 5-15 minutes every time until I can play another song, where it repeats again. It works perfectly fine if I just put on song on repeat, but trying to play a playlist is broken. I've also checked all my audio and I have the volume on on everything.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @James_Rumsey42 and @imdoubletrouble,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We had a small issue with the PS4 app but this should now be fixed. Try to reinstall Spotify on your devices and see if that solved the issue.

We hope it does! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Started happening to me today, every few songs it just stops playing, have to open and close the app mid gaming to get them going again.

It's a glitch happening when an ad is due to play. I tried switching device output to the desktop app and it shows an ad but it still won't play it.

Marked as solution

Hey @James_Rumsey42 and @imdoubletrouble,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We had a small issue with the PS4 app but this should now be fixed. Try to reinstall Spotify on your devices and see if that solved the issue.

We hope it does! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts