Free 

Country

Canada

Device

Ipad

Operating System

Ios 15

My Question or Issue

I recently moved from US to Canada. I noticed that I no longer get "watch this video and get 30 minutes ad-free..." 

I tried uninstall - reintall, logout - login, none of it works. I keep getting lots of ads after every 2 or 3 songs.

Out of curiousity, I use VPN to connect to US. Immediately I get "watch this video and get 30 minutes ad-free..."  Does this mean 30 minutes ad-free is not offered in Canada?

7 Replies

Hey @dddddwww,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

While adverts might differ between countries, you should still get 30 min ad-free music on the free plan in any country.

Can you clarify what happens when you try listening to music without the VPN in Canada? You mentioned that you get lots of ads, do you mean more than 2-3 ads in a row? Are they video or audio ads?

Note: We don't recommend using a VPN with Spotify.

The more details you can provide about your issue, the better 🙂

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I think most of the ads are audio ads.

When I was in US, I get "watch this video and get 30 min ad-free music" all the time. In Canada, I did not get any "30 min ad-free music" notification. The ads are also significantly longer (The ratio is like 3 minutes ads in Canada vs 1 minute ad in US).  When I change songs, 90% of the time I will get ads (so I try not to change songs whenever I am listening...) 

I also don't want to listen to Spotify via VPN, but from my experience, US gets less ads and at least I get the 30 min ad-free. Thank you.

Hey @dddddwww,

Thank you for keeping in contact. 

The 30 minutes ad free should be available in Canada as well. However, since the content of the ads may change between countries, there may not be as many of these ads in your region as in other countries. This would explain why they don't show up that often.

In case that one of these ads shows up, remember to keep the ad video in focus to get the full 30 minutes ad free.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I just timed my ads and I got an ad at 11:01 am and another ad at 11:11 am. How is this 30 minutes ad free? 

The same thing has happened to me I guess as for some reason when I'm using Spotify on my Ipad, I get the ads for 30 of ad-free content. While on the other hand, it's just ads every few songs without a single ad presenting 30 minutes of ad-free content when I'm listening to Spotify on any other device...

Stop erasing my coments, your service sucks

same here!

Suggested posts