Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancelled premium in support on Neil Young

Cancelled premium in support on Neil Young

• Thanks Neil for making a stand.

54 Replies

Totally agree. Looking at options myself.

Same. Can't believe they picked Joe Rogan over him. Oh wait, I can. I'm just very disappointed.

Canceling as well. These corporate fat cats censor hundreds of podcasts, but not Joe, they have too much money tied up in him. Spotify is running musicians into the ground anyway, it's time I left, never to return. 

I only came to Spotify because Google foolishly ended Google Play Music.  Now wishing I had found a different alternative.  I want to thank Neil Young for bringing this to my attention, and I will look today for a new streaming service.

I've been using Spotify from the start and I have had premium for years. Now Spotify is using my and others money to pay someone $100 million to spread baseless Covid-19 misinformation and similar things on their platform.

Daniel Ek told the Financial Times: “We want creators to create. It’s what they do best. We’re not looking to play a role in what they should say.”
But not actively paying someone $100 million to spread life threatening lies is not the same as telling them what to say. And not hosting and spreading life threatening lies on your platform is not limiting creator in what they should create. It's helping the victims of these nefarious "creators".

I'm grateful for Neil Young to put a light on this shady thing that Spotify has actively been getting itself involved in.

I feel so dirty for being a part of and paying money to Spotify right now.. I don't know what to do. (Yes, I know what I should do.)

Between music and propaganda, spotify chose propaganda. I've been premium from the start, looking at option to switch to another streamingservice. 

Neil Young is right, and Spotify is ridiculous preferring Covid disinformation over his music.

Soundcloud is actually pretty sweet, I subscribe to it for DJing stuff (my kids listen to this anyway, no family option unfortunately) and it has a lot of great "off Broadway" type music, between that and/or a free Amazon Music (not happy about that either) or Apple music, you'll be able to replicate most of your playlists from Spotify.

I'm spending the week getting my playlists set up in another service and if Rogan isn't gone by then, I will be. 

Will be doing the same. Spotify is just another right-wing tech monolith.

Looking at options too. Music should be prioritised over gobshites.

Neil Young is right and brave!  Jo Rogan is falsehoods.  Besides, this is a music platform that has podcasts... not a podcast platform that has music.  Get your priorities straight Spotify or risk losing customers - music fans like me.

@morrta: Very accurate summary.
It's absolutely digusting from Spotify. I can't believe this.

I'm sure you can find his 3 songs somewhere else. It's a shame people actually believe everything the government tells them, like all the people in experiments they have killed. Follow your CRT. Do as you're told. Put your mask on and go over to apple. They may make you feel special.

I can´t believe, spark Joe Rogan, he is a fool

As a swede I´m very upset of Spotifys priority in this case! It´s a big scandal! I hope other artist drop of to support Neil Young. No more Spotify fore me.

As a swede i`m ashamed over Spotifys priority in this case. It´s a big scandal! No more Spotify for me.

Niel Young did this, not Spotify. Niel Young is trying to stop your freedom of speech with his ultimatums. Niel Young made an unreasonable demand to try and stomp out your first amendment right and you're mad at Spotify? I think this is one of the most hypocritical chat threads ever. Hopefully Niel Young doesn't demand you stop talking or he'll take his music away... Because by the sounds of it, you people would rather rock out to his now hypocritical song Keep on Rockin In The Free World, than actually keep on talking in the free world. 

Dump Covid Misinformation... easy to move my 8 years of Spotify Play Lists to Apple!

Yeah guys, purchase a subscription for a service which spend money for idiotic antivaxer's show is wrongful. I'm very confused.
It was my last month with Yandex music before I decided to go to Spotify premium, and you just set me up.

Suggested posts