Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot connect to Echo nor delete "old" device

Cannot connect to Echo nor delete "old" device

I have renamed my Echo (Dots) & since then Alexa cannot play Spotify anymore. I have restarted the phone, reinstalled the spotify app, deleted and re-added the access rights for Alexa in my account and even named one of them back - it remains impossible. The Echo (dots) are not listed as possible devices on neither app nor desktop computer &if I try to tell Alexa to play spotify she says okay but never starts (same if via Alexa App). Additionally, I cannot delete the Echo (Dots) with the old names that are still listed (grey) on app and PC as they only read "currently unavailable" and it's impossible to click on, three dots on the side are also not shown (if I could upload a screenshot I would). Is there anyone who could possibly help me?
2 Replies

Hi there @arithiel,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and for your detailed explanation. We're happy to help.

Can you head over to this post and follow the steps that's provided in the Solution of the post. This will hopefully help you with removing the device from your account.

When it comes to you not being able to connect to Echo, can you follow the steps bellow:

1. First, make sure that both Spotify and the Amazon Alexa apps are on the latest versions available
  2. It's also a good idea to perform a soft reset/reboot your devices
  3. Then, log in to your Spotify account on a browser, head here and revoke access to Alexa
  4. On the Amazon Alexa app on your mobile device:
    • Tap the three lines menu on the top left > Settings > Music & Podcasts
    • Find Spotify in the list and click Enable to Use 
    • In the authorization screen, double check that you're trying to log in with the correct Spotify account and click Agree

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

How do you Get Rid of that Echo Dot

Suggested posts