Roku TV C105X - TCL model 50S425

Operating System

Phone: iOS 14.6

Roku TV: 10.0.0 build 4209-93

Spotify App Version

Phone app: 8.6.30.968

Roku TV app: Version 2.7 build 16

My Question or Issue

Recently I have lost the ability to play music through the Roku TV Spotify app (via the Spotify “devices” menu when playing music on my phone) or even login to the TV app. Prior to this week it worked fine; I could play music through the Roku TV Spotify app without issue.

Here is what I have tried, and what results:

1. Cast to TV by clicking the device in the Spotify app on my phone. Result: Phone app says it tries to connect, but nothing happens.
  2. Log into Roku TV Spotify app by using the code and Spotify.com/pair. Result: Spotify.com/pair says I have paired successfully and can close the page, but nothing happens on the TV.
  3. Log into Roku TV Spotify app by entering email and password. Result: after entering credentials and clicking “log in”, screen appears to dim slightly as if to indicate trying to connect but nothing happens, it just sits at the login screen.

Here are the troubleshooting things I have attempted:

-Remove Roku TV Spotify channel, restart TV (a true system restart), reinstall Roku TV Spotify channel

-Use wired Ethernet connection for TV instead of wifi

-Reset Roku TV network connection

-Restart router

-Uninstall and reinstall Spotify app on my iPhone

None of the above attempted remedies changed anything, trying to login still results in the same behavior.

However, I can cast Spotify to the TV with apple AirPlay, and I can cast YouTube videos to the TV through the YouTube app. To me this indicates that this problem is specifically caused by some bug with the Roku TV Spotify app.

Also, I have looked at these 2 related posts and it appears that my issue is slightly different:

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

As an update, sometime in the past 4-6 weeks it started working again. I should’ve posted an update sooner! Anyways I didn’t change anything on my end or reach out, I just decided to try it again one day and it worked.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Update: my roommates can play Spotify on the TV through the devices just fine, it is specific to my account. No clue why this would be the case. I am not sure what else to reset.

Hey @JayShower1,

Thanks for reaching out.

We really appreciate the detailed troubleshooting you've done so far and the thorough report provided in your post. However the results would indicate that the root cause of the problem lies somewhere within your account itself. As we can't access account data from our end, we recommend reaching out to our customer support team using the steps here. They'll happily take a closer look behind the scenes.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

As an update, sometime in the past 4-6 weeks it started working again. I should’ve posted an update sooner! Anyways I didn’t change anything on my end or reach out, I just decided to try it again one day and it worked.

Hey @JayShower1,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

Glad to hear that it worked out and you can enjoy your favorite jams again.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts