Cannot play some podcasts on a Marantz ND8006

Cannot play some podcasts on a Marantz ND8006

Plan: Premium

Device

iPhone 8 or MacOS Desktop

Marantz ND8006

Operating System

iOS 15, MacOS 12

Using app on iPhone 8 or desktop app on a MacBook I can play all songs and podcast perfectly "locally". But I'm also using a network hifi Marantz ND8006 which can play all songs except podcasts from "France Inter"

For example this one: https://open.spotify.com/show/2kvp3e4eUsJSYPOLnni2rI?si=2e683ecbf91a4cb5

I tried other podcasts and it works fine. This specific podcast not working on Marantz is working fine is listened with iPhone or MacBook. Is it using a specific codec* that is not supported by Marantz or is it a bug, or a feature?

If it's a codec thing, could you tell me exactly which one is used? And is it used by other sources? 

Thanks for your help 🙏

SC

CleanShot 2021-12-20 at 10.45.25@2x.jpg
CleanShot 2021-12-20 at 10.46.21@2x.jpg
7 Replies

Hey @scolson,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out to us!

You mentioned you can listen to other podcasts without any issues. Were they also downloaded for offline listening? Could you try removing all your downloaded episodes and playing them again through your Marantz without them being downloaded? Check also if the Spotify app has been set to Offline mode and disable it:

1. Click on the three dots in the upper left corner of the app and choose File.
  2. If Offline Mode is ticked, click it again to disable it.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena,

thanks for the answer. No, this is not due to Offline mode and downloaded/not downloaded files. It's only occuring with "France Inter" podcasts and Marantz (every other podcasts I tried is working, every song is working, everything except the one from "France Inter"): https://open.spotify.com/show/6yjJ4a0KjG5IewFi2NiORi?si=9c6d227364394f75

I also find this one from "France Info" that is not working: https://open.spotify.com/show/6Cm13CVBs9hENODbdoEE3e?si=170698ffca364e11

What is specific to these podcasts?

Hi again @scolson,

Thanks for keeping us posted on this.

Podcasts are generally categorized as mixed media (meaning they could contain both video and audio), which may be causing the issue. Could you try disabling the video in podcasts on your iPhone? Here's how:

1. Open the Spotify app on your iPhone, tap Home > Settings.
  2. Under Video Podcasts, turn on Stream audio only and try playing the podcasts again.

Keep us posted on this.

ElenaModerator

Hi,

I tried and there's no improvement. By the way, these podcasts have no video (apparently, if you're talking about short video played in the loop I can sometimes see) 🤷🏼

Stéphane

And I cannot find any similar settings on the app on my MacBook. Any other idea ?

Hi @scolson,

Thank you for keeping in touch.

Is it possible for you to connect your devices to a different WIFI/cellular network and check if there's a difference? 

If it doesn't work either, can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists? Alternatively, you can create a free account here, just make sure you're logged out of your own account before creating a new one.  

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator

I discussed with the spotify support team. Marantz is no more in the list of Spotify supported devices while spotify is still in the list of Marantz supported services. So now I have to clarify this with Marantz 🤷🏼

Suggested posts