Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone8

Operating System

iOS 14.6

My Question or Issue

I am unable to unhide songs. I turned off “Hide Unplayable Songs” but when I go back and click “Hidden” under a song nothing happens. It stays hidden and the song won't play

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, thank you for the answer

I found that I just had to search for the songs and through the options there I would unhide it. Originally I would unhide it through my playlists which worked for all but two songs for some reason.

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Hi @Kurakumi,

Thank you for posting your question on the Community!

Please take a look at this article explaining how to undo hidden songs, those steps may help you.

In case the issue persists, try running a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

Let us know how it goes. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Hi, thank you for the answer

I found that I just had to search for the songs and through the options there I would unhide it. Originally I would unhide it through my playlists which worked for all but two songs for some reason.

I have a song that shows as hidden.  I tried logging out that back and liking the song and not help.
I am using Android on my phone, also I cannot play the song through the Web browser.
I have a duo account and they can play the song.  Not sure what else I can do

Please help

Hey @WolfSB,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

Just to confirm, is this happening just with one artist's content, or is it happening with several songs by different artists? If it just happens with one artist's tracks, perhaps you accidentally blocked them on your mobile phone app.

To check if this is the case, go to these artists' profiles in the mobile device app and then, select the three dot menu. If the artist's content is blocked, you'll see the option "Allow to play this". Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

On another note, just to confirm, did you follow the steps in this article to try to unhide the songs?

Lastly, If the above doesn't do the trick, can you share with us the links to the songs in which you noticed this behavior? You can follow the steps in this article to do it. 

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

I did try the suggestions in the article and no luck.

The blockage is on the song, I can play other songs by the artist

My son can play the song on his account, but here is the link:

https://open.spotify.com/track/0IPjb3rhdyrcoUdJUsAgR3?si=5358807475bf4df7

Hey @WolfSB,

Thanks for you reply and for the info shared.

Just to confirm, is this happening over WiFi? 3G/4G? Both? Do you notice any difference if you switch the internet connection you're using?

On another note, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event, such as a Twitter update? If yes, please send us the details.

Lastly, would you mind sending us a screenshot of how you see the song on your side, along with the Spotify version you have running on your mobile device?

We'll keep an eye on your response! 

AlejaRModerator

Would be WIFI, 3g,4g, 5G, and Direct wire connections.  I tried on my PC as well.  Seems my account is blocking, I can play the song on any device if I am not logged into it. 

I can not tell exactly when this happened.  I noticed that it wasn't playing in my playlist for a week or so, that is when I saw the red flag to hide it from playing.

I am using 8.7.76.359 on my phone and the Web app on PC

Screenshot_20221023-084703_Spotify.jpg

Hi there @WolfSB,

Thanks for the post.

What happens when you click the "-" button on the right? Does the app react in any way at all?

Apart from that, you can try going into the profiles of all listed artists on the song and making sure you're not blocking any of the artists.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator

The "-" greys out for a split second, then lights up again.

This is mixed song with several artists.  I did look up those artists and was able play other songs.

Hey @WolfSB,

Thank you for keeping in contact. 

To continue investigating this case, it would also be great if you could have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member, to see if the issue persists. This will help us understand if it could be account-related or not.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator

my son was able to log in and play the song.  As I mentioned this happens on my phone and my both f my PC's so 3 different devices using my account.

Hi @WolfSB!

Sounds like you're experiencing the issue described in this thread. Feel free to check it out and share the requested details so we can forward them to the right folks who'll investigate further.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Yordan, The link requests me preform the same tasks as this thread.

I tried to like the song, I tried on multiple devices, I had my son try on his account and was successful.

Here is the version and devies

version 8.7.76.359 on my phone and the Web app on PC

Not sure what else I can do with this.

Hi i accidentally hid a song on spotify i added it on my playlist and unable to unhide it i dont have premium and unable to get it

Hi @HtfcJack17 and @WolfSB!

A new version of Spotify has recently been released which should fix this issue. Could you try updating the mobile app to see if everything looks good on your end now?

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

The update finally became available and that did fix the issue.

Thanks

Suggested posts