Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant Link Account on PS3

Cant Link Account on PS3

Today i linked my account to ps3 normally and used the app without problems, but tonight doing the same yields an error message saying "linking failed-account linking is not supported in thos country". How can this be since I am in Belgium, you cannot use the app withour linking and it worked before??
6 Replies

This page links to all the help guides for PlayStation:

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/spotify-on-playstation

Do any of those help?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Im not stupid, I read those and there is nothing there about this specific problem.

Hey @Fgaletic are you still having trouble connecting that account. Are you using an internet proxy at all that could confuse Spotify into thinking you're in another country?

Hi Meredith, yes I am using VPN with US location while being here in Belgium. However, I have only this issue when I use my Croatian Playstation Network account. When I use my US account I can normally log in and listen. I know Spotify is extra zealous about who is in which country but it doesn't make sense to restrict it, since it can really be circumvented very easily by switching profiles anyway. I should be able to listen Spotify on all of my PS profiles regardless of their location, as long as my Spotify account location and my current location match. I pay Premium and would expect Premium service, i.e. freedom.

Bump

So??

Suggested posts