Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant play Spotify after ads

Cant play Spotify after ads

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When im listening to music on spotify and then ads play, after the ads i cant play music again. When i click on a song to play it says the selected song will be played after the ads, but there wont be an ad playing and where the picture of whatever ad should be playing there is just the generic "a brief message from our sponsors" phrase set to a blue background. Have closed spotify and restarted, undownloaded and redownloaded it, logged out and back into my account to try and fix but to no avail. Please help!

4 Replies

Hey @tgoebel, help's here. 

We first suggest that you check out your firewall settings to ensure that Spotify has full access. 

Also make sure that you don't have any ad-blocker installed on your computer.

Further, make sure that you reinstall the app with the steps here

Lastly, try switching network connections to see if that helps. 

Let us know how it goes, and get back with a screenshot and your Spotify version if it doesn't work. We'll be able to take a closer look.

All the best!

Hi, havent used spotify in awhile since ive been on break but first time i used it again it froze again and wont play music. Just freezes on the 'ad' you see in the screenshot ive attached. I am currently using free spotify version.

Untitled.jpg

Almost two years later and problem still persist..can't anyone fix this?

Hey there @ssmdt1,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Also @tgoebel Thanks for getting back to us.

@ssmdt1 We'd suggest you restart the device. Then you can log out and log back in to the account.

If that doesn't help, you can give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing this issue.

@tgoebel If you still experience this issue, it's a good idea to try on another device. By doing that we can see if it's a device-related issue.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts