Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant play songs in Xfinity flex box X1 (Xi6-T)

Cant play songs in Xfinity flex box X1 (Xi6-T)

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(Xfinity Flex box X1 Xi6-T)

Operating System

(hdmi connection to a tv)

My Question or Issue

The Spotify app opens and I can sign in, but cant play any song. Other app works fine. Only spotify has problem. It first worked but it suddenly start to not play songs at all. I am able to click and search. I just cant click the play button. There is no way foi me to make the song play

I can go select other albums and songs, but cant play it. I know that the remote works, because I can see that the box is getting the signal with the white led moving a little when i click. All other click works in Spotify other than play. Other apps like Youtube works and has all the sound and music, but not in Spotify

I logged out and in multiple times in Spotify but no luck. I even logged in with different accounts, but no luck. I tried pulling the power off, and did the hard reset and updated the firmware to latest but it didn't fix the problem at all.

Please fix the spotify app in xfinity X1 box!

3 Replies

Hey @hyssn,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if you can play music via voice commands? It should be activatable using the voice command: "Spotify".

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

No the voice command doesn't play any music. It only opens up the app but doesn't start any music to play.

Hey @hyssn,

Thanks for your reply.

Try restarting your router and reinstalling the app, if possible.

If the issue persists, can you let us know if you're using an external device to play the audio, like speakers or a sound bar, or just the TV's speakers?

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts