Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Car] Every track is listed as Track 1

[Car] Every track is listed as Track 1

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

18 Replies

Same issue ... always track 1... any way of correcting this ???

Hey there @user-removed,

Welcome to the Community!

Could you upload a screenshot of how your Now Playing view looks in the car. Also let us know the make, model and OS version of your smartphone and your current Spotify version.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same here.

Pixel 3 XL (Android 11) and Moto G6 (Android 10)

Spotify 8.5.76.962

2015 Honda CR-V

Don't have a screenshot handy.

I can't say for certain, but it looks like it's a function of the way Spotify handles queues.  If you look at your queue, previously played tracks disappear from the queue and must be stored elsewhere, because the currently playing track is always at the top of your queue list.

I'm a recent convert from Google Play Music, and this didn't occur on their app, and their queue would continue to display tracks in your queue after they had been played, but the "active" track would be highlighted.

I'm not hopeful that there's a solution, because I imagine this has to do with how the car's audio system is reading the queue information and not with what Spotify is sending.

Hey folks,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!  

@Jazzycammy27 and @user-removed just to make sure that we're on the same page - you do mean that the currently played song gets displayed as track 1 in your car's built in system correct? In that case it sounds like @statler_waldorf is right and the car's system reads the information from the queue. The Spotify queue is indeed structured in such a way, that the currently played track gets displayed on top and disappears, once the next one starts. 

It's a good idea to check for updates to your cars system to see of that resolves the issue. If that doesn't fix things, we'd really appreciate the screenshots of the issue and the info that @Alex requested. It would also help us get to the root cause of the problem quicker if you include your car model like @statler_waldorf did and add the version of you car's built in system.

We'd love to investigate this further and we'll be keeping an eye out for your replies. 

Mihail Moderator

I have the same issue in my 2018 Ford Escape.

Ford Sync version 5.11

Spotify app version 8.5.82.894

Pixel 2 Android 11

Every track displays as track 1/1 on my Ford Escape's display.

Track #1 of a 10 track album displays as track 1/1 (instead of 1/10)

Track #2 of a 10 track album displays as track 1/1 (instead of 2/10)

Trying to make the switch from Google Play / YouTube Music but this little detail is driving me nuts.

Hey @Timmers68,

Thank you for your post in this thread. 

As @Mihail mentioned - It's a good idea to check for updates to your cars system to see of that resolves the issue.

Also - do you mind sending us a screenshot so we can have a closer look?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I checked that everything was up to date before I posted.
Android, the Spotify app and Ford Sync are all on their latest versions.
You want a photo of my car's Sync display or a screenshot of my app?

Hey again @,

Thank you for your reply and for your confirmation 🙂

We'd love to investigate this further, we couldn't replicate it at our end and would appreciate to see a screenshot of all displays where all tracks played are shown as nr 1.

Keep us posted 🙂 

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Here is an example of Spotify vs Google Play Music

Salem Spotify.png

Salem Google.png

And another example, different album. Spotify vs Bancamp.

Bjork Spotify.png

Bjork Bancamp.png

Hey folks,

We’re receiving reports that every track is appearing as Track 1 in the Now Playing View when using Spotify on your car multimedia system.

First, we'd recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your device by following the steps here.

If after that you’re still having trouble with this, add your +VOTE and could you provide us with the following info:

• Mobile device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version on mobile device
  • Car manufacturer + model
  • A screenshot/recording of the car display showing the issue - just make sure that there's no private/sensitive info displayed
Also, could you confirm if you're connecting to the car multimedia system from your phone?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Cheers!
JeremyModerator

Performed a fresh install based on the linked steps above.

Pixel 3XL on Android 11 (details in attached screenshot)

Spotify 8.5.82.894

2015 Honda CR-V

Android version detailsAndroid version detailsActual track 4 playingActual track 4 playingActual track 4 playingActual track 4 playingShows full album track list and playing the actual track oneShows full album track list and playing the actual track oneActual track 1 in the queue playingActual track 1 in the queue playing

Hey @statler_waldorf,

Thanks for providing us with that info!

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to reproduce this issue on our end, and we haven't heard back from other users confirming the issue.

Hi there.

Not sure if this is still relevant, but for the Spotify Staff and Moderators, let me see if I can explain better.

I think the reason why you have not been able to replicate this is because you are using the mobile version, which does not show the track numbers. So I'll illustrate using the Mac OS app.

The first screenshot shows my queue, with the track numbers. Now, I skip a few tracks and notice how Track 7 in screenshot 1 becomes Track 1 in screenshot 2. The track numbers NEVER change and whatever track you are currently playing is Track 1

This also translates to mobile devices (which do not show track numbers) and because of this, it also translates to cars as well (I drive a Honda Accord 2017, so I can relate to @statler_waldorf's  issue.

I hope this helps.

Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 20.35.37.png
Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 20.36.03.png

Hi @django101,

Thank you for posting on this thread and sharing that detailed explanation.

The behavior you showed with the screenshots is expected, as it is the normal way the queue is set to work. 

The currently played song will always be #1, and the upcoming songs will be #2, #3, and so on. The tracks that were already listened to are moved to the Recently Played tab. 

Hope this clears things up. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

MafeGModerator

Hi @MafeG.

I totally understand this, and this is how the platform currently works, and this is what the others have been trying to pass across.

Now, what we are also trying to say is that this should not be the expected behaviour for this. So if there are 7 tracks, all tracks should play and show their respective track numbers. It kinda makes no sense if I am listening to a 14-track album and all my track numbers are 1 (or 1/1 or 1 of 1). It's a little disconcerting. At least, this could be made an option under settings, or something.

Thanks.

Hi @django101,

Thank you for your swift reply. 

Certainly, we understand how this could be a positive change for some users. So if you feel strongly about the way the queue should be listed, you can submit an idea requesting it. 

In this article you can find the steps to submit it. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Cheers.

MafeGModerator

Alright. I'll do so.

Thanks for this. 

Suggested posts