Premium

Country

uk

Device

OnePlus Nord

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

IS there a was of being able to change when a podcast is marked as played?

I can start playing a podcast that may be 2-3 hours long and if I stop and want to go back to it I have to search through (sometimes hundreds of podcasts (eg Joe Rogan)) all the podcasts to find the one i was on as they are marked as played after only a few seconds? It would be helpful if it was marked as played when only a few minutes are left or fully compete?

Thanks in advance 

Peter

3 Replies

Eni

Hey there @petermcl,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

When you play an episode but don't finish it, it shouldn't be marked as played - a progress bar should appear and the time it has left to be completed.

If they're being marked as played after playing a few minutes, we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app to get rid of any cached files that might be causing this. 

It's also a good idea to exclude the app from any Battery optimization software that might be active on your smartphone.

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

petermcl
Casual Listener
Hi I've tried this and not seen any changes to the issue.
Ive also cleared the cache separately but still not any fix.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Peter

CarlosE

Hi again @petermcl,

Thanks for trying and keeping us posted.

Could you try logging in to your account on a different device and let us know if you observe the same behavior? Also, try logging in to a different account, like a friend's or relative's, on your phone and check if the same happens. This would help us determine if this is related to the account or device.

Additionally, can you send us a screenshot of how those episodes look like on your end?

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS