Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Channel Genre Appropriate Ads

Channel Genre Appropriate Ads

I think this is a bug, since it appears so obviously broken.

Listening to Acoustic Concentration under Focus is great for me at work.  However, when an ad that is blaring some rap or pop song comes on it breaks whatever focus I had at the time.

Please, if the channel is not rap, don't put a rap ad there.  I don't mind them, but the genre should be similar.

This isn't the issue that people have reported about inappropriate content so-to-speak, just a request that the genre of music being advertized should be tailored to the channel being listened to.  Hopefully people agree with me.

Spotify can tell the people paying for those ads that magnitude of the difference in genre correlates directly to my level dislike/disgust of the artist being advertized for.  Hopefully artists paying for ad space will want their ads to cause as little negative reaction as possible.

1 Reply

Hello @sctango and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately you can't do anything about it right now except upgrading to premium. But have a look at the following suggestion of our Ideas Exchange. You might be interested in this, as its fighting for your wanted feature: Make adverts relevant to what I'm listening to
Please leave you kudos/comments there to support the idea! 🙂

Suggested posts