Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Check network availability after opening offline playlist

Check network availability after opening offline playlist

In Germany there is very unreliable cellular connection. Therefore I download a lot of playlist for offline use. The way your android app is designed, if the smartphone is even trying to connect to cellular, but does not have any connection. Spotify will not open the playlist.

So I have two options. Wait for two and a half minutes till the app gives up or enable airplane mode, so spotify knows there will not be any cellular. This is rediculous.

It could just open the last known status of the playlist no mather the connection status and than search for updates afterwards.

I found two cloused request asking the same.

I am sure ten thousands of people find this anoying two. But they probably think it is unavoidable. It buggs me so mutch, I am thinking about switching the streaming provider because of it.

Would be greatfull if you could fix this.

Kind regards

Jan-Hendrik

1 Reply

Hey @ennemel,

Thanks for posting in the Community! We've moved your post to a relevant Help Board where it fits better.

Great of you to share this feedback with the Community! However, the situation you're describing here is more or less an expected behavior of the app. The app basically needs to detect if there's an internet connection, and  will try to work with it (even if there are downloaded playlists). The apps take its time to load not only to upload suggestions, but also to check if playback is using the Connect feature and music needs to be streamed from a different device. All these things come into play so that's why it might take a while, especially if the connection you have there is poor.

However, there's a simple solution here and you don't need to turn on the 'Airplane mode' nor having to wait circa 2.5 minutes until the app loads. While the app tries to connect you can still go to Home > Settings menu and enable the 'Offline Mode'. That way the app will stop trying to load over a connection and should immediately show the offline content which is available.  We hope that this info solves the need you currently have.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts