Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chick-Fil-A AD

Chick-Fil-A AD

The first time I heard a Chick-Fil-A ad, I was completely shocked. I find it extremely vile that you allow this hateful company to have ads on your app.

If you don’t already know, here’s the tea;

Chick-Fil-A is a very religious company. I know that about them and I completely respect that, but that’s not the issue. They have donated millions of dollars towards anti-LGBTQ+ foundations. As a pansexual female with a girlfriend, I find this highly disrespectful and hateful. If you guys continue to allow Chick-Fil-A to run ads on your app, I’m going to have to delete my account. 

I’m not sure if this is the correct section to post this in, since the others weren’t allowing me to post in them.

-Clementine Cashmore.

8 Replies

Hey @ClementineCash

Can you let us know the following:

• Rough time and date you heard the advert,
  • A brief description of the ad,
  • Platform the issue occurred on (eg. Mobile, PlayStation, Desktop, etc),
  • Operating System (iOS/Android or PC/Mac),
  • Version number of your Spotify app?

Thanks!

Pay premium so you don't have any ads

Chick-Fil-A is paying for your music.

Please don't, it's like the one ad that isn't annoying on all of spotify

I just got my own ad from this hate filled company myself and during pride month too.

The incident occurred at 11:45pm on June 5th. I'm using my Android mobile phone. Spotify version 8.5.8.567. It was advertising some salad.

I don't mind getting ads most of the time, but not from people who want people like me dead. If I could opt out of certain ads, that would be awesome. 

I just got another one. The incident occurred at 12:13pm on June 19th. I'm using my Android mobile phone. Spotify version 8.5.8.567. It was advertising a barbecue bacon chicken sandwich. Please take this hateful company off of my advertiser list.

Just heard this ad. Supporting an organization that gives money to people who want my family to not exist... it's just unsettling and gross.

Ad was something along the lines of "What does the A stand for?"

5:05 PDT, 8/24/2020

MacOS app version 1.1.34.694.gac68a2b3

on OS X 10.13.6 (High Sierra)

on a MacBook Pro mid-2015

Hey there @RenaissanceWomn,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for sharing your opinion and the info about this ad. We've gone ahead and passed your feedback to our ads team 🙂

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out again.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Wow. Years later and ya’ll are still playing this filth to queer listeners everywhere. Shame on you.

Suggested posts