Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Choosing "I dont like this artist" doesnt remove them from the Daily Mix Playlist

Solved!

Choosing "I dont like this artist" doesnt remove them from the Daily Mix Playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8+

Operating System

Android 8.0 Oreo

My Question or Issue

I have marked a particular artist as "I dont like this artist" several times (about 4-5 times) and it keeps playing their songs in the Daily Mix. I have tried "I dont like this song" and "I dont like this artist", neither prevents the artist from coming up in the Daily Mix playlist. 

I did a google search and found a similar issue and the only response was to logout and login, so I did that ... but it did not help. I also have marked them as "I dont like this artist" twice after logging out and in again and it has not helped at all. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Have you tried to reinstall the app? You can read here how to do this.

Let us know if that worked. Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Have you tried to reinstall the app? You can read here how to do this.

Let us know if that worked. Have a nice day.

So far it seems to be working. 

I have the same issue. This function seems to do exactly nothing and the same artist (i liked about 5 years ago but removed all playlist entries and unfollowed) keeps showing up. I marked it as "i don't like this artist" about 10 times. Now, I have to reinstall all my Spotify apps? On my phone, on my Mac and my Apple TV? Do I also have to clear the browser cookies and buy a new computer?

Suggested posts