Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

(Chrome web player) Songs stopping after 9 seconds.

(Chrome web player) Songs stopping after 9 seconds.

Plan

Premium

Country

Hungary

Device

Chrome web player 

Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (32-bit)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello All!
I had this problem for a long time now, but I just came to the point, that I have to ask my own version of this issue. As said in the title whenever I start a song in the web player, after a couple of seconds it just cuts out, or if I'm in a playlist it jumps to the next song. This goes on for a few times then I get an error message: "Oooops, something went wrong with the playback. Reload." As I said this is not a new issue, I had this for months now, and nothing seems to work: I tried to relog, update my browser etc. 
As this is my work PC I cannot instal the desktop app, so that is not an option for me. 

3 Replies

Hey @Neveroules, help's arrived. 

First of all, have you tried opening the Web Player in an incognito window, and is it possible to try it with a different browser?

It's also a good idea to enable full functionality on the site settings. Check the settings of your browser to make sure everything looks alright and enabled, and nothing is blocked.

Also double-check that your browser is up-to-date, and reset/reinstall the browser. Keep in mind that you may lose some data.

Make sure to check out any firewall settings so that Spotify is allowed as well.

Lastly, try switching network connections and see if that helps. 

You may need assistance with some of the steps above from your IT department if you have one and if you're behind company walls. This is also why we can't guarantee that it will work for you, but let's give it a try.

Hope that helps!

OK  ima post this here cuz this is the most recent post pertaining to the Oops, something went wrong. Reload error that none until now knows how to fix after about a day i discovered dis plz give ME credit for this fix. this also fixed my desktop app gray boxes and music not playing as well.

Steps 

1.Run/Open Notepad using Admin Rights (aka Run as Admin)

2.Open hosts file using notepad  (hosts file is located here C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc)

3.Press Ctrl + F on your keyboard at the same time and search and delete any and all lines that have the words spotify in them? 

4.Save and if you did that right you should be a ok. 

5. Spread the word of this fix after you complain to spotify about therye buggy apps.

Your solution seems so elegant, so clean, so easy...
...and so wrong in my case TT_TT. 
The mentioned file is devoid of any mention of spotify. Do you use the app? This post was about the chrome web player.

Suggested posts