Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast Audio Devices do not detect properly

Chromecast Audio Devices do not detect properly

I have been a Spotify Premium user for a long time now, and have been using Chromecast Audio's to play music through my house for over a year.  In the last month, the ability for Spotify to find the Chromecast Audios has become very unreliable.  Specifically, if unless I reboot my phone, Spotify does not find the Chromecast devices.  And does not seem to update the list of Chromecast devices if I power off one.  

I have uninstalled/reinstalled Spotify, verified the issue on another device, power cycled all of my chromecast audios, and rebooted my wifi router.  None of these things seem to help.  The Google Home app sees the Chromecast devices and changes to them without a problem.

I have also tried killing the spotify app, turning on and off the wireless, etc. My phone upgraded to Nougat today, and my biggest hope was that that would resolve this issue, but no dice.

Spotify is becoming very frustrating.  And that is not even mentioning that you still can't configure Last.fm scrobbling for Chromecast, which has been a long term request from me and others.

3 Replies

Hi Corvar,

I am experiencing the same issue as you are and since this feature is very important for me, i am even considering moving to competitors if this problem is not resolved soon.

This seems to have gotten miraculously better.  Possibly from the update released last Friday.  I didn't notice until Monday that it seemed to be working properly.

Of course the frustrations have come back 😞

Suggested posts