Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast (Audio) No Longer Working

Chromecast (Audio) No Longer Working

My Question or Issue

As of a few days ago, I can no longer reliably cast Spotify to either my Chromecast or Chromecast Audio. The Chromecast is connected to my TV, and the Chromecast Audio to my A/V receiver.

When trying to establish the connection, it appears as if the connection works momentarily -- it may show Chromecast name, and I may even hear the "beep" over the speakers -- however it immediately disconnects. 

This issue happens when using either my Windows 7 laptop Web Player, or the Spotify App on my Pixel 3. I can cast other apps (such as Youtube, etc) to the Chromecast, so I dot believe there is any network issues. Google Home is up-to-date. 

I have a really goofy workaround ... it seems that if I try on my laptop (and have it fail) and then try to connect on my phone, it will connect. However, when I try to change the playlist/channel, I often get an error, "There is another device ..." meaning I need to start the process over again. 

I generally use Spotify to cast to my receiver almost daily. So, this is something I have successfully used hundreds of times in the last year. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify, and at this point, I'm not sure what else to try. This is super painful though. 

Plan Premium

Country United States

Device Pixel 3, HP Laptop

Operating System Android 9 (Pie), Windows 7

3 Replies

As a small update, my Pixel 3 recently upgraded to Android 10. This seemed to have helped a LOT. But ... I still get these weird and seemingly random disconnects while using the Connect functionality. 

For example, last night I was streaming a full album off of m phone to my receiver. Several songs in, the lady suddenly goes, "Spotify has disconnected because another device on this account ..." or whatever that message is. 

I was able to unlock my phone, reconnect and hit play ... but still driving my nuts. 

I have the exact same issue. I downgraded to a previous version (8.5.16) and the problem is gone. Now, how to get Spotify's attention on that issue???

How does one downgrade to a previous version? 

Suggested posts